Carufel on Notre Dame

MBAGuy

Needs something to cheer about
Reaction score
This is not new news, but is the first quote I've read directly attributed to Carufel. This should be sent to every ND recruit:

"Carufel was brutally honest about how he absolutely hated the time he spent at Notre Dame, even though he eventually earned playing time early in his last season in South Bend, Ind.

"I didn't like anything there," he said. "I went (in high school) and I had a great visit, but was shown a completely different school than what I ended up coming to. I felt like I met completely different coaches than I ended up playing for.""

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers/

This is not new news, but is the first quote I've read directly attributed to Carufel. This should be sent to every ND recruit:

"Carufel was brutally honest about how he absolutely hated the time he spent at Notre Dame, even though he eventually earned playing time early in his last season in South Bend, Ind.

"I didn't like anything there," he said. "I went (in high school) and I had a great visit, but was shown a completely different school than what I ended up coming to. I felt like I met completely different coaches than I ended up playing for.""

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers/

It happens everywhere even at Minnesota. Michael Floyd and his mother can't speak highly enough about ND so what does it all mean? Different people often have different experiences at the same place.

Also it should be noted that the week before Carufel left ND he was demoted to third string behind two other OG's who were in his recruiting class. I'm not saying that's the reason he left but he wouldn't be the first kid who got passed up on the depth chart decided to leave a school then badmouthed it.

Different position coaches as well. The coach for the OL and for the WR are different.Who knows... expectations are a very subjective and uncertain area.

That said, other than the play of Floyd, ND has not exactly been a national power.

It happens everywhere even at Minnesota. Michael Floyd and his mother can't speak highly enough about ND so what does it all mean? Different people often have different experiences at the same place.

Also it should be noted that the week before Carufel left ND he was demoted to third string behind two other OG's who were in his recruiting class. I'm not saying that's the reason he left but he wouldn't be the first kid who got passed up on the depth chart decided to leave a school then badmouthed it.

sweet....thanks! please head on back to the notre dame board now....

Hopefully he hosts Beau Allen on his official visit.

Clearly people have different experiences at that same places. I found it interesting that Bob Stein said that he quickly learned that there is a difference between being a recruit and being a player.

Top Bottom