Can you hear that?

[*]Percentage of trolls and morons has increased substantially in the past 5 weeks.
[/LIST].

I need a definition of troll so that I can utilize that to better word my posts and hopefully not be a troll. I feel welcome in a community of Gopher fans that take Gopher athletics seriously, I have longed to be in the midst of a group of people like this, and basically I don't want to become the troll that everyone skips for the next post.

Still here. I'll be the first one to refill the kool-aid stein when the next coach is hired. I don't have problem being a kool-aid drinker. I just don't see a reasonable scenario where our coach is retained, so talking about it over and over again doesn't interest me.

MSU hired a staff that has one turnover in 4 years and they are 6-0. We are all excited about firing people left and right. I hope the higher ups can find stability. I've been arguing for consistency for a long time now.

im probably considered a brewster "kool-aid drinker" even though i now believe he needs to go. i dont think he has been this epic failure that others believe. he did create excitement and he did get back into mn high schools. but i think the biggest reason many of the older posters have become quiet is due to many who say things like "i hope this team loses so we can get rid of brewster faster!" whether you like, dislike, dont care who the coach is i think many gopher fans get annoyed when they hear "gopher fans" cheering for a loss on a regular basis!

So which group do you fall into, let me guess? Maybe it is because alot of these posters drank the Brewster kool-aid by the gallon for 3 plus years and don't want to come and eat their plate of crow( ahlibobwa excluded).

I'll never understand the "kool-aid" thing that you and others talk about all the time. I don't remember anyone saying "Brewster is going to be a great coach" or "Brew's gonna lead us to the Rose Bowl." Yet you and others continually act like that was said over and over. I'll admit, I was optimistic about Brewster, his recruiting, and the energy he brought to the program. Like most, I did think we would be doing a lot better now than we are. Many people were wrong about that, including myself. I did feel he needed at least 4 years to see what he could do with mostly his recruits though. No matter if you feel the hiring was bad from the get-go, I think we had to give him the chance to live and die with his team, especially for a guy like Brewster who was brought in largely because of his recruiting.

Despite what some will say, I still think we have better athletes now than in the past. I don't remember a time in the recent past where we had a guy like Stoudermire who every time he returns a kick off, there's a legitimate chance of him taking it all the way. Gray could be the best athlete we've ever had. Of course that alone doesn't make for a good team. Brew's inability to have a plan and stick with it has hurt a lot and that's his biggest downfall in my opinion.

Outside of winning and losing, Brewster has done some very good things. He's constantly positive about the program and university. He speaks highly of and defends his players in public. From what I've read and heard, he's had a pretty good relationship with the high school coaches around the state. He seems like he works very hard and truly cares about the University of Minnesota. Of course, ultimately, wins and losses is what really matters. I totally understand and agree with that. But I'm not going to stomp on the man when he is already half way in the grave. I'm not going to flip out every time he says something that may be a little over the top.

Things are bad right now, very bad. We are all frustrated and rightfully so. As bad as it is, I'd rather try to look at the positive things. If that makes me a Brewster "kool-aid drinker" then so be it. There's no point, in my opinion, in constantly talking about how bad Brewster is or how bad some think Weber is.

No matter what, this Saturday and every other Saturday the rest of the season, I'm going to put on my maroon and gold gear, and cheer on my favorite college football team.

I'll never understand the "kool-aid" thing that you and others talk about all the time. I don't remember anyone saying "Brewster is going to be a great coach" or "Brew's gonna lead us to the Rose Bowl." Yet you and others continually act like that was said over and over. I'll admit, I was optimistic about Brewster, his recruiting, and the energy he brought to the program. Like most, I did think we would be doing a lot better now than we are. Many people were wrong about that, including myself. I did feel he needed at least 4 years to see what he could do with mostly his recruits though. No matter if you feel the hiring was bad from the get-go, I think we had to give him the chance to live and die with his team, especially for a guy like Brewster who was brought in largely because of his recruiting.

Despite what some will say, I still think we have better athletes now than in the past. I don't remember a time in the recent past where we had a guy like Stoudermire who every time he returns a kick off, there's a legitimate chance of him taking it all the way. Gray could be the best athlete we've ever had. Of course that alone doesn't make for a good team. Brew's inability to have a plan and stick with it has hurt a lot and that's his biggest downfall in my opinion.

Outside of winning and losing, Brewster has done some very good things. He's constantly positive about the program and university. He speaks highly of and defends his players in public. From what I've read and heard, he's had a pretty good relationship with the high school coaches around the state. He seems like he works very hard and truly cares about the University of Minnesota. Of course, ultimately, wins and losses is what really matters. I totally understand and agree with that. But I'm not going to stomp on the man when he is already half way in the grave. I'm not going to flip out every time he says something that may be a little over the top.

Things are bad right now, very bad. We are all frustrated and rightfully so. As bad as it is, I'd rather try to look at the positive things. If that makes me a Brewster "kool-aid drinker" then so be it. There's no point, in my opinion, in constantly talking about how bad Brewster is or how bad some think Weber is.

No matter what, this Saturday and every other Saturday the rest of the season, I'm going to put on my maroon and gold gear, and cheer on my favorite college football team.

That's pretty much where I sit in this thing as well. I acknowledge that Brewster isn't everyone's cup of tea and that he came in "guns a blazin'" (or mouth a blazin') and that turned a whole lot of people off. I felt we were a middling program under Mason and thought we could do better. Brewster turns out to have not been a good choice, but does that mean we should be satisfied with being a middling program?

Brewster has done some good things off the field, but coaches are judged for what they do on the field and that's why he'll be gone. I guess what I tire of is the constant "gotcha" from those who dislike Brewster now that he's come up short. I wouldn't have bragged if he had turned out to the the second coming of Vince Lombardi. I don't know why a bunch of folks have to come in here and remind everyone that he's the second coming of Jim Wacker.

We have eyes. We can see. But are we wrong for wanting to give him a chance to do well?

I personally like your even handedness!

Decreased enthusiasm is probably keeping people from posting, not much fun in it. But then there's people screaming as if the posters here were responsible for hiring or retaining Brewster. I just hope that when we have a new coach, both Brewster's opponents and supporters can get over themselves.

And to support your cause to "get over themselves." I will do just that when I die. Not promising that it will happen any time soon. But, you have my promise, at that moment, your wish will be fulfilled. In the mean time... I'll just be hanging around so my wife and kids have something to complain about.

Top Bottom