Can Gophs really make the Gator Bowl?

gopherbadgerman

Reaction score
CBS Sportsline has the Gophs in the Gator Bowl and Wisconsin in the BW3 bowl...

If Gophs win they are 7-5, Wisky loses out and are 7-6, is there a reason they are not picking Wisconsin not to go to the Gator Bowl? 3 straight losses? I think it would be awesome if MN got to that game, what is the realistic chance of MN getting picked over Wisc. for that game if that plays out? I was under the impression that a win and MN is in the BW3 bowl...

Any insight would be great.

Thanks!

I don't think it's possible, as someone stated in another thread. Also, CBS hasn't always been on top of that page. They totally left out the Outback Bowl in earlier weeks.

If a team goes to the conference championship game (and is bowl eligible) there are rules in place that the team cannot go to any bowl lower than Gator. So, no, the Gophers cannot leapfrog Wisconsin for the Gator Bowl spot.

honest question, why do people refer to buffalo wild wings as bw3?? everyone does, yet with my Minnesota math, there's 2 w's in Buffalo Wild Wings, not 3...... insight?

honest question, why do people refer to buffalo wild wings as bw3?? everyone does, yet with my Minnesota math, there's 2 w's in Buffalo Wild Wings, not 3...... insight?

When it first started out, it was Buffalo Wind Wings & Wreck. I believe that is what it was called when it was on campus back in the day. Could be wrong on that last part. But it has always been B-Dubs or BW3

It used to be call Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck back in the day. Weck being a type of bread they served (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef_on_weck_sandwich). They shortened it to Buffalo Wild Wings but the BW3 abbreviation stuck around.

Top Bottom