Calmest I have ever seen Gopherhole after a loss

Winfield will go for sure if he wins the Thorpe award!

We look good and have every reason to expect we can beat NW next week and let Tanner heal up for Whisky.

We haven't even used our secret weapon yet...…...FULL BANANA!

Winfield will go for sure if he wins the Thorpe award!

I am pretty sure that whether or not he wins an award is going to be given roughly 0% weight in his decision.

I, for a selfish reason, would rather have the loss away than at home. But...it would have been nice to have the Wisc. game not really matter for the division title.

The Wisconsin game was going to be huge whether or not the West division was still in play. On one hand it would have been nice to have it wrapped up ahead of time but also love the idea of a head to head matchup with Wisconsin at TCF with the West division title on the line. Keeping the Axe and winning the division in the same game will be awesome! Add in that Gameday is probably in the mix as well and it will be a historic day on campus.

I am pretty sure that whether or not he wins an award is going to be given roughly 0% weight in his decision.

Big question mark for Winfield at the next level is going to be health. He has stayed healthy this year so far, but suffered season ending injuries in the 2 seasons prior to this one. Some teams may want to see him prove he can stay healthy for another full season before investing millions in him.

I don't pay a ton of attention to draft boards so no clue where he will stack up with other safeties. Selfishly hope he comes back again next year but if it makes sense for him to go pro so be it. Great player, won't be shocked if he leaves but here's hoping he is back in Maroon and Gold again next year.

Gophers played their hearts out, were sloppy, poor coaching at times but still almost won. It's no crime to lose to Iowa in Iowa.

i got that. I’m saying unless he says anything even hinting at it, <b>I’d rather just not make a guess. </b>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some are guessing he will leave.
You are guessing he won’t.
We are all guessing. That’s the point.

Some guys are saying “oh yeah he’s gone”. Okay that’s a lot of certainty for something that hasn’t been close to confirmed.

We are all guessing, but some want to pretend that they know by saying things like, "we lose Winfield" or "Winfield will be gone." That is the actual point.

Some guys are saying “oh yeah he’s gone”. Okay that’s a lot of certainty for something that hasn’t been close to confirmed.

Happens all the time on message boards. Someone will state something as fact with no basis behind it what-so-ever. Have seen a few posts talking about Tanner missing the Wisconsin game like it has already been confirmed. Of course the reality is that he hasn't even been officially ruled out for Northwestern yet.

Can't remember where I saw this, but I saw some 'expert' who had Winfield ranked as a 2nd or 3rd-round choice if he came out this year.

if that is accurate, then Winfield could be looking at the following choice:
1. come out this year and go in the 2nd or 3rd round.
2. come back for another year and try to get into the 1st round.

both choices have risks. stay another year, risk of injury and going down in the draft. go out this year, might get drafted lower than expected and lose out on the up-front money.

all depends on where he is projected. if he is projected as a 1st-round choice, no real reason to stay in school. (outside of "I love college so much I don't want to leave"....)

I was really bummed. Avoided GH Saturday night. For most of the season I have been all over social media after Gopher games, soaking in what everyone says. Watching games clear through the PAC12 after dark, Twitter, GH, ESPN, Big Ten Network - everything. This has lasted well into Saturday, each week.

With this loss, I had mixed feelings. Happy the team responded and proved again it can move the ball against anyone. Really came away feeling like MN was the better team but Iowa was good enough to hold the Gophers off after the team came out flat in the first half. Iowa was good enough to push back, and at Iowa after a slow start: that is good enough to beat the Gophers.

I too felt that outside of Twitter (once I did finally take a peek on Sunday) and the typical BS from the same people that always badmouth the Gophers, things remained pretty positive and even the casual fans understand it is really tough to win every game in division 1 college football.

For me, I still had to burn off steam. So instead of my usual routine soaking in every droplet of Gopher news on Saturday afternoons/evenings - I turned off the TV and went to a movie. Totally unplugged.

First loss of the year in November.
Coach just extended.
Better than expected season so far.

Not much to complain about.

Can't remember where I saw this, but I saw some 'expert' who had Winfield ranked as a 2nd or 3rd-round choice if he came out this year.

if that is accurate, then Winfield could be looking at the following choice:
1. come out this year and go in the 2nd or 3rd round.
2. come back for another year and try to get into the 1st round.

both choices have risks. stay another year, risk of injury and going down in the draft. go out this year, might get drafted lower than expected and lose out on the up-front money.

all depends on where he is projected. if he is projected as a 1st-round choice, no real reason to stay in school. (outside of "I love college so much I don't want to leave"....)
I believe someone at PFF rated Winfield #77 overall draft prospect. Much can change between now and the draft and he could possibly drop to the fourth rd even if his rating doesn't change. Cashman was rated significantly higher than his draft position by quite a few draft gurus.

I'm calm because I'm still looking for my FULL BANANA thong. I had to settle for a white one last week and look what it cost us...……..

I'm calm because I'm still looking for my FULL BANANA thong. I had to settle for a white one last week and look what it cost us...……..

Here you go:

ark_jan_18_finals_2_-_new_yellow-2-2.jpg

We sort of came down to earth on Saturday. It felt almost sad that the Gophers lost. I had company and we all felt that sooner or later, the Gophers will loose.

We sort of thought that Dunlop not playing made a difference on the O-Line chemistry. But, other than that it was an Iowa team that beat the Gophers. They played a little better than the Gophers to win. Tanner Morgan's fortress of protection came crashing down and got sacked I don't know how many times.

That was what a Big Ten game should look like even though the Gophers came up on the losing end.

They just need to win out and earn their way to hopefully a Big Ten West title. It has been a great run regardless of how the season ends.

Kudos to the players, the coaches, and the support staff for a great season!

They earned everything. Nothing was handed over to them.

Thank you Empire Class for staying home and sticking it out. You are the started something magical!!!

GO GOPHERS!!!

Top Bottom