California Preps Awards: Handing out superlatives to top 2023 prospects (Best Shot Blocker: Dennis Evans; there's a "wingspan" comment as well!)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Best Rim Protector: Dennis Evans

Evans is one of the best rim protectors I’ve scouted over the last couple of years. He’s got phenomenal length and doesn’t bite on many pump fakes. Even if he does bite, his length allows him to recover and deter the shot. His long legs and wingspan help him to cover a lot of ground in a short amount of time and he’s made even the best of scorers second guess taking up shots in the paint when he is near.

Go Gophers!!

Best Rim Protector: Dennis Evans

Evans is one of the best rim protectors I’ve scouted over the last couple of years. He’s got phenomenal length and doesn’t bite on many pump fakes. Even if he does bite, his length allows him to recover and deter the shot. His long legs and wingspan help him to cover a lot of ground in a short amount of time and he’s made even the best of scorers second guess taking up shots in the paint when he is near.

Go Gophers!!
Aren’t condors a Caly bird 🦅 with phenomenal WIngspans?

The California Condor!

If I was a half- drink undergrad, that or something in the vein would be my Barnyard costume.

That would be par for the course for Gopher sports - fans showing up, not dressed as Gophers, but as some other kind of thing that has nothing to do with the U of M. And the colors, instead of being maroon and gold, conveniently match the opposition's team colors.
Students dress up in animal costumes at the barn.....

Last edited:

That would be par for the course for Gopher sports - fans showing up, not dressed as Gophers, but as some other kind of thing that has nothing to do with the U of M. And the colors, instead of being maroon and gold, conveniently match the opposition's team colors.
First year as a fan juggler 🤹‍♀️?

First year as a fan juggler 🤹‍♀️?
Apparently lol. I had no idea about fans dressing up as animals, as MNVCGUY pointed out. Then again I haven't paid any attention to Gopher basketball since forever. Only paying attention now because I heard how historically bad it is and had to check for myself.

I'll go delete my post.

Apparently lol. I had no idea about fans dressing up as animals, as MNVCGUY pointed out. Then again I haven't paid any attention to Gopher basketball since forever. Only paying attention now because I heard how historically bad it is and had to check for myself.

I'll go delete my post.
I’m a wise azz, so no offense meant

Aren’t condors a Caly bird 🦅 with phenomenal WIngspans?

The California Condor!

If I was a half- drink undergrad, that or something in the vein would be my Barnyard costume.

Sadly all the costumes you see are owned by the school. Kids “check them out” before games and get those seats because of it. I’ve watched it happen. Nothing organic about it ☹️

I suppose someone could come dressed a bird though. Unless they aren’t allowed because Minnesota doesnt like fun.

Sadly all the costumes you see are owned by the school. Kids “check them out” before games and get those seats because of it. I’ve watched it happen. Nothing organic about it ☹️

I suppose someone could come dressed a bird though. Unless they aren’t allowed because Minnesota doesnt like fun.
Thanks for the info and I was thinking these passed down by frats or something.

Top Bottom