Caleb Bak and Jon Christenson earned scholarships!!

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
In his interview with GopherHole, PWO Chad Fahning shared the exciting news that Caleb Bak and Jon Christenson were awarded scholarships:

Gopher Hole: Obviously, they have several lineman like Caleb Bak and Jon Christenson, who were preferred walk-ons who saw significant playing time this past season. Does that give you even more hope that if you do the right things and work hard, that that could be you down the road.

Chad Fahning: Oh, yes very much so. It was slightly coincidental that the day that I took that from Coach Limegrover and Coach Kill and I committed as a walk-on, I didn’t know about it, but it was the same day that they gave a scholarship to Caleb Bak and Jon Christenson.

Gopher Hole: That has to make you feel even better, right?

Chad Fahning: Oh, definitely. It is very, very comforting to know that the possibility and opportunity is there for both earning a scholarship and then eventually playing time. Coach Kill, particularly, on my official visit, stressed that he will have the best players play. He is not hesitant to start a non-scholarship player over a scholarship player, if they are better, which was very good to hear.

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/231378?referrer_id=388419

In his interview with GopherHole, PWO Chad Fahning shared the exciting news that Caleb Bak and Jon Christenson were awarded scholarships:

Gopher Hole: Obviously, they have several lineman like Caleb Bak and Jon Christenson, who were preferred walk-ons who saw significant playing time this past season. Does that give you even more hope that if you do the right things and work hard, that that could be you down the road.

Chad Fahning: Oh, yes very much so. It was slightly coincidental that the day that I took that from Coach Limegrover and Coach Kill and I committed as a walk-on, I didn’t know about it, but it was the same day that they gave a scholarship to Caleb Bak and Jon Christenson.

Gopher Hole: That has to make you feel even better, right?

Chad Fahning: Oh, definitely. It is very, very comforting to know that the possibility and opportunity is there for both earning a scholarship and then eventually playing time. Coach Kill, particularly, on my official visit, stressed that he will have the best players play. He is not hesitant to start a non-scholarship player over a scholarship player, if they are better, which was very good to hear.

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/231378?referrer_id=388419

The only lineman who got a scholarship was Bak. He played almost two years before recieving it.

If they wait two years before awarding the scholarship, it does not count against the 25 annual limit. Otherwise it does.
Are you sure Christenson did not get a scholarship? He is as valuable as anybody on the o-line.

Top Bottom