Cal Game Time

tusdgopher

Reaction score
I am not sure if this has been discussed yet but I think the 11 am game time for the Cal game gives us a potential advantage. Doesn't that put the Cal players getting up at 4 or 5 in the morning? I know they talk about how difficult it is for the nfl west teams to travel east and while this isn't quite the time change it can't hurt our home field advantage...

I am not sure if this has been discussed yet but I think the 11 am game time for the Cal game gives us a potential advantage. Doesn't that put the Cal players getting up at 4 or 5 in the morning? I know they talk about how difficult it is for the nfl west teams to travel east and while this isn't quite the time change it can't hurt our home field advantage...

I think the talk about the game time is something both sides are downplaying, especially the Cal side. Coach Tedford has come out and said that he feels it was the wretched humidity, not really the early start on the east coast (an extra hour on what they'll experience here) that killed the Bears when they went out to Maryland.

I also believe the Cal team will be coming in a day earlier than normal for this game to provide time to get acclimated to the time change and avoid creating a situation that invites fatigue from traveling east.

All in all, I can't think it hurts. With how talented Cal is and how good they're supposed to be, I would guess the Gophs will take any advantages they can get, however minor they may be.

Top Bottom