burrito and hogeye

tap

Reaction score
Why do I turn on kfan?

burrito and hogeye are ripping Maturi right now about the press conference. Of course neither one listened to or watched the whole thing but they know everything about hiring coaches.

Mason is supposed to be on around 4:15. How long will it take for dopey danny to ask mason if he interested in the job?

dopey danny didn't waste any time in getting critical of Maturi now that he doesn't have Coach Brewster to rip on any more. Doesn't he ever get tired of ripping people? I know it's his job but nothing but negativity gets old. I don't listen often but when I do its negativity all the time.

I quit listening a long time ago. Barreiro would complain if he peed champagne and crapped filet mignon.

I actually don't mind Barrerio on non-sports things. He just can't help but play "devil's advocate" or the skeptic to a point where it comes off disingenuous.

I actually don't mind Barrerio on non-sports things. He just can't help but play "devil's advocate" or the skeptic to a point where it comes off disingenuous.

Except when he's blowing smoke up Vince Flynn's butt.

Good point. The Vince Flynn stuff gets to be a little much.

You watch, pretty soon, these bozos will be best buddies with Brewster, having him on their show weekly, dissing the U of M and talking about how Brew never should have been fired. This is their mantra!

Why do I turn on kfan?

burrito and hogeye are ripping Maturi right now about the press conference. Of course neither one listened to or watched the whole thing but they know everything about hiring coaches.

Mason is supposed to be on around 4:15. How long will it take for dopey danny to ask mason if he interested in the job?

dopey danny didn't waste any time in getting critical of Maturi now that he doesn't have Coach Brewster to rip on any more. Doesn't he ever get tired of ripping people? I know it's his job but nothing but negativity gets old. I don't listen often but when I do its negativity all the time.

Of course, what would you expect. They will not say one word positive about it and Brewster will be his next best buddy. They will talk at length how he never should have been fired. Burrito = One trick pony!

You got it wrong. Barreiro sticks his nose up Vince Flynn's butt every chance he gets.

Yes. My intent is expressed much better with your wording.

I never loved Dan that much, but the reason I actually quit listening was when he was doing a segment with Flynn a couple of years ago. Vince was going off on a tangent--I mean waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off on a tangent--about something related to national security (you know, Taliban working at McDonald's or something like that) and Barreiro didn't even challenge the guy. He just let Vince go on and on and on. I totally lost any respect I had of him as a journalist that day.

Vince is a good action writer and he seems to know his stuff, but Dan just let him have a soapbox. Seems that even if you're pretending to be a serious journalist, you might want to ask for some hard evidence.

Honest to God, 4:16. First thing out of his mouth. Mason seemed annoyed. Admonished Uncle Fester and said the chances of being offered were slim and none.

"Why do I turn on kfan?" I ask myself the same question usually within 10 minutes of tuning in.

I have no problem with his criticizing of Maturi - maybe you missed it but he took a cheap shot at Brewster after firing him. In the process he was also taking a cheap shot at himself for being conned by the guy.

I thought the Lombari comment was below the belt and unprofessional. I didn't like Brewster much but there is no need to take a shot like that.

And I think Maturi was a sucky AD before this, too. Giving Mason an extension and then firing him so quickly was enough justification to fire him IMO. Not to mention Monson and Brewster.

I have no problem with his criticizing of Maturi - maybe you missed it but he took a cheap shot at Brewster after firing him. In the process he was also taking a cheap shot at himself for being conned by the guy.

I thought the Lombari comment was below the belt and unprofessional. I didn't like Brewster much but there is no need to take a shot like that.

And I think Maturi was a sucky AD before this, too. Giving Mason an extension and then firing him so quickly was enough justification to fire him IMO. Not to mention Monson and Brewster.

I would agree that was below the belt and he should have taken the high road which would have been the classy thing to do. I think Maturi knows the heat gets turned on him for hiring Brewster in the first place and he needs to try to distance himself from it. You can bet your last dollar that the next coach we hire will be someone who has coached before and I know Maturi will be trying to hit a home run here - a "Tubby Smith" type of hire.

Sure hope he can pull it off.....

-Didn't Bruininks fire Mason for his attitude post loss to TT? Not sure this would be on Maturi
-Monson, probably should have fired him sooner but the way it went down helped lead to Tubby (Every AD needs some amount of luck)
-Brewster was admitted bad hire, we know Maturi fell in love with the fact that Brewster was the antithesis of Mason
-He's going to hire the next coach and after so much negativity can we at least applaud him for ending it now and relieving the pressure? After being so negative on Brewster and the program I am actually optimistic that we will hire a coach who will make TCF Bank stadium come alive for years to come.
-There is no email that I or anyone else can write that will prevent Maturi from hiring the next coach, so why be negative about a foregone conclusion?

I liked Brewster, wanted him to succeed, knew after the South Dakota game that he would likely be fired, and I didn't find the Maturi "Lombardi" comment to be offensive or a cheap shot. I took it more as a sign of Maturi getting a bit too defensive.

FireCosgroveGuy, my disdain for Mason ramped upward rapidly during his contract push in 2005. I was p.o.'d when Maturi caved.

I'm more bothered by Gaard than Barreiro. When he worked with PA he was never this negative about the local teams. Since he's gone to work with Barreiro he's turned into a mini-Dan.

Hogeye is a frikking pork sandwich. Burrito is $hit in a sweat sock. take your choice.

Hogeye is a frikking pork sandwich. Burrito is $hit in a sweat sock. take your choice.

That got a laugh out of me Dr.

I so rarely listen to KFAN anymore. Sometimes I catch Common, whose schtick has worn a bit thin, but his alternate universe can still be entertaining.

Now and then I will catch Morris in the morning. I'm not much on Sludge, but I find Hawkey hilarious.

But it's very rare that the dial finds its way to 1130 anymore.

I listen to Sid and Dave on Sundays. I turned over to 1130 and much to my surprise, they were going on about how they knew Brewster was the wrong guy from the job and that everyone who dared to back him up during his tenure owed them an apology. I wonder if Brewster had been a success, how quick they would have been to admit they were wrong.

Dopey dan and hogeye admit they were wrong in any case-NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually like KFAN (yeah...I admit it) but Burrito's show would be so much improved if his sidekick was willing to go toe-to-toe with Dan. Gaard blows Burrito more than Burrito blows Flynn. At least PA is making an attempt to discuss Gopher sports even though his knowledge level is less than a potato. More Ryan Cardinal would be a start or bring Hammy on from Pride on Ice.

I actually like KFAN (yeah...I admit it) but Burrito's show would be so much improved if his sidekick was willing to go toe-to-toe with Dan.

That will never happen because Burrito would get his off his program fast. He's the most thin-skinned "journalist" in this market. Used to have a blog on KFAN that allowed comments. Once the comments started being 75% of people ripping his negative takes he disabled the comments.

I actually like KFAN (yeah...I admit it) but Burrito's show would be so much improved if his sidekick was willing to go toe-to-toe with Dan. Gaard blows Burrito more than Burrito blows Flynn. At least PA is making an attempt to discuss Gopher sports even though his knowledge level is less than a potato. More Ryan Cardinal would be a start or bring Hammy on from Pride on Ice.

The sidekicks are boot lickers. None of them have an opinion of their own.

Cheap shot? What cheap shot? Saying that Brew wasn't Lombardi? Uhh.. News flash moron.. Brewster isn't Vince Lombardi. I know its a shocker, but it's true.

I took that statement that as the program as a whole hasn't had much success, so the new guy didn't have any big shoes to fill. But you can take it however you want. You only hear what you want to, it's obvious.

You must have missed the rest of the presser when he was slobbering all over Brew's 'member'.

The sidekicks are boot lickers. None of them have an opinion of their own.

That's my point, too, FCG...Burrito's show needs a sidekick that will actually have an opinion of his/her own and doesn't lick his balls. Any of us on GH would be a fine replacement...can you imagine Husker or Bob Loblaw given a chance to opine? That would be better than chicken wings and beer.

Top Bottom