Burnt Red Shirts & PT for young players

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
The stats show that Maresh saw the field against the Illini and Watkins against AFA. If this is right, is Watkins injured or why haven't we seen him since? And can we watch for Sam on Saturday?

To date the following have maintained their RS status: Alipate, Garin, Gregory-McGhee, Hageman, Jacques, Lewis, Michel, Mottla, Olson, Rengel, Singleton, Campion (grey), Searcy (grey?) and the usual walk-ons. The following true Freshman have played: Allen-9, Carter-8, Gray-10, Maresh-1, Oreske-2, Reeves-6, Watkins-1.

Last years recruits playing are RSFr Cooper-10, Grant-8, Willhite-7 and Whaley-8 and second year Sophs or RSSoph Brandon-1, Bennett-10, Bunders-10, Davis-2, Dandridge-7, Edwards-10, Eskridge-10, Green-10, Jacobs-10, Johnson-6, Kirksey-8, Klitzke-9, Lair-7, McKnight-9, Orton-5, Wynn(injured), Rallis-3 (injured), Salamon-9, Stoudermire-10, Tinsley-9.

These are the players that we are hanging our hopes on. Good to see many of them are getting some decent PT. I hope there is a lot of upcoming and undeveloped talent yet unseen that will appear in abundance next Fall.

http://web1.ncaa.org/football/exec/roster?year=2009&org=428

You can still play a small fraction of the season and still redshirt.........correct?

So even if Maresh plays in one game it shouldn't really matter.

Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong.

You can still play a small fraction of the season and still redshirt.........correct?

So even if Maresh plays in one game it shouldn't really matter.

Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong.

Wrong. One appearance makes for one season of eligibility.
"The redshirt rule states that any competition counts against a player's eligibility.[1]"

Wrong. One appearance makes for one season of eligibility.
"The redshirt rule states that any competition counts against a player's eligibility.[1]"

That has to be a mistake. I didn't see Maresh out there. Anyone know for sure?

Great job Bayfield!

If it's not a mistake, maybe they felt that through hard work Maresh had earned the right to play. Brewster may have even made a commitment to the kid when he was looking at a possibly harrowing return to not only normal health but football-level health. He could also get to play in three more games this year.

All that said, it does seem rather odd.

I really hope that's a mistake on Maresh. I want him to play, but to use up a season of eligibility right now makes no sense, especially considering that's probably their deepest position.

mistakes

there are defiantly mistakes made don't know about SAM but i do know there are kids on the list that has played in more games than they have been given credit for according.. to the list on the web site.....

A little birdie in Gopher Athletics have told me that Maresh did NOT play and the report is in error and should be fixed - standby.

Definitely a mistake. Brew told the Mareshes before the season that Sam would not be playing this year. Minnesota wants him to have one full year of practice contact. Mr. Maresh (Sam's dad) was interviewed in the stands on BTN just before the AF game started and commented on this.

Redshirts

Oreske should be getting a medical redshirt since he developed mono, he has not played since the Air Force game, which is only two of 12 games, thus under the limit of games played. They have to apply for it but he should probable get it.

I think we're also looking at a medical redshirt for Orseke as well.

your nuts if you think a small amount of playing time is a good reason to lose a year of eligibility. Brewster is a poor coach who is promising guys playing time and then throwing a year of eligibility away to get them in a few times (gray comes to mind).

Any one who has been a player knows you get just as good of a look at things from the practice field as you will on game day. it really pisses me off to see freshmen blowing a year just to get in a few times.

college is a huge step up from high school just about all players need to mature before they are worth a damn in the big ten.

http://www.savethegophers.com/index.php

The stats show that Maresh saw the field against the Illini and Watkins against AFA. If this is right, is Watkins injured or why haven't we seen him since? And can we watch for Sam on Saturday?

To date the following have maintained their RS status: Alipate, Garin, Gregory-McGhee, Hageman, Jacques, Lewis, Michel, Mottla, Olson, Rengel, Singleton, Campion (grey), Searcy (grey?) and the usual walk-ons. The following true Freshman have played: Allen-9, Carter-8, Gray-10, Maresh-1, Oreske-2, Reeves-6, Watkins-1.

Last years recruits playing are RSFr Cooper-10, Grant-8, Willhite-7 and Whaley-8 and second year Sophs or RSSoph Brandon-1, Bennett-10, Bunders-10, Davis-2, Dandridge-7, Edwards-10, Eskridge-10, Green-10, Jacobs-10, Johnson-6, Kirksey-8, Klitzke-9, Lair-7, McKnight-9, Orton-5, Wynn(injured), Rallis-3 (injured), Salamon-9, Stoudermire-10, Tinsley-9.

These are the players that we are hanging our hopes on. Good to see many of them are getting some decent PT. I hope there is a lot of upcoming and undeveloped talent yet unseen that will appear in abundance next Fall.

http://web1.ncaa.org/football/exec/roster?year=2009&org=428

Oreske is going redshirt.
I think a GI mod confirmed watkins never played against AF. He is still on the participation report.
I promise you they didn't burn Maresh RS. I looked at the participation reports and didn't see Maresh.

Maresh is Red-shirting. His own father told everyone that on live television to begin the season. He hasn't played at all, unless Brewster was dumb enough to put him on the field.

your nuts if you think a small amount of playing time is a good reason to lose a year of eligibility. Brewster is a poor coach who is promising guys playing time and then throwing a year of eligibility away to get them in a few times (gray comes to mind).

Any one who has been a player knows you get just as good of a look at things from the practice field as you will on game day. it really pisses me off to see freshmen blowing a year just to get in a few times.

college is a huge step up from high school just about all players need to mature before they are worth a damn in the big ten.

What rock did this troll crawl from under? Nice video, d1ckhead.

Thanks for bringing your spam to GH. No one click on this cunt's link.

so who is the back up qb if we redshirt gray? do we let him sit on the bench and then if weber gets hurts burn his redshirt? should lueck be the back up since he's a walk on and already redshirted?

Yeah, Ace mac I really have no clue what that video link to a song about wanting to go to a "Gay Bar" has to do about Gopher Football? **Bizarre**

I was on the 50yd line behind the Gophers bench and Maresh was standing on the bench the whole game and never moved, He did not play.

Top Bottom