I would probably go with Jackson/Hoffarber/Burton/Coffey/Oturu

Jackson, Hudson, Burton, McHale, and Thompson

Ok, I’ll play..

$5 - Bobby Jackson
$0 - Ray Williams
$1 - Hoffarber
$4 - McHale
$5 - Mychal Thompson

I’ll go 3 guard and take a SG Liebert neglected for free so I can have the three best Gopher players of all time and fill out my bench with Voshon Leonard, Flip Saunders, Tommy Davis, Trevor Mbawkwe, Richard Coffey, Darryl Mitchell, Mark Olberding, Trevor Winter and John Thomas.

None of which show up on this Gopher insider’s list and as such are available as free!

This is an interesting thread in my opinion as you can go with multiple options:

PG: Bobby Jackson ($5)
SG: Coffey ($2)
SF: Willie Burton ($5)
PF: Kris Humphries ($1)
C: Daniel Oturo ($2)

Total $15

I'd view the above as an up-tempo team

But i'd also love to see this team:
PG: Jackson ($5)
SG: Coffey ($2)
SF: Quincy Lewis ($3)
PF: Rodney Williams ($1)
C: McHale ($4)

Total ($15) - IMO the ability to switch 2-4 on defense would be huge.

Thompson, Jackson, Murphy, Jacobson & Hoffarber

Thompson - $5
McHale - $4
Hudson- $4
Jacobson- $1
Voshon Leonard - $0

Then bring in Ray Williams, John Thomas, Tommy Davis, Osborne Lockhart and Trevor Mbakwe off the bench for $0 as well

I mean I know some of these guys were great but you’re foolish to pick someone like McHale. He’s 65 with terrible feet. Oturu would destroy him.

I mean I know some of these guys were great but you’re foolish to pick someone like McHale. He’s 65 with terrible feet. Oturu would destroy him.
But I thought older and more experienced was the key to winning titles. I guess the "Age is just a number" philosophy applies to everything except playing ball and dating women 30 years younger. :)

But I thought older and more experienced was the key to winning titles. I guess the "Age is just a number" philosophy applies to everything except playing ball and dating women 30 years younger. :)
Women 30 years younger love fit successful men. Being older and stable means a lot to them after 2 or 3 bad relationships with younger men. Now basketball? Different story.

I know we had the Clem Haskins scandal and that took down certain records. But why does a player as good as Voshon Leonard not included on these lists? Other players during the Clem era are listed here.

I know we had the Clem Haskins scandal and that took down certain records. But why does a player as good as Voshon Leonard not included on these lists? Other players during the Clem era are listed here.
Because Tony Liebert, self proclaimed Gopher insider, doesn’t really know shit about Gopher Basketball history!

I mean no Ray Williams, Osborne Lockhart or Flip? No Olberding but you have Humphries and Pryzbilla? No John Thomas ,Courtney James but you have Petersen? No Mbakwe? No V-shon?

Clearly, he throws shit up on the net just to get people to click.

Jacobson for a buck?!?

C: Pryz (3)
PF: Humphries (1)
SF: Willie Burton (5)
SG: Sam Jacobson (1)
PG: Bobby Jackson (5)

Jackson = $5 PG
McHale = $4 C
Murphy = $3 PF
Lynch = $2 SG
Jacobson = $1 SF

Three guard lineup.

Nolan running the point. Free
Vinny G at the two. Free
Jackson swing guard. $5
Thompson. $5
Jordan Murphy at the 5. $3

Invest the remaining $2 in Bitcoin

Ok, I’ll play..

$5 - Bobby Jackson
$0 - Ray Williams
$1 - Hoffarber
$4 - McHale
$5 - Mychal Thompson

I’ll go 3 guard and take a SG Liebert neglected for free so I can have the three best Gopher players of all time and fill out my bench with Voshon Leonard, Flip Saunders, Tommy Davis, Trevor Mbawkwe, Richard Coffey, Darryl Mitchell, Mark Olberding, Trevor Winter and John Thomas.

None of which show up on this Gopher insider’s list and as such are available as free!
Let's switch out Hoffarber for Sam. I like that as well.

I'm only picking players i watched. Burton, Jackson, Lynch, Oturu, Humpries.

Because he never smiled.

Top Bottom