Bucky at Purdue ???

Section201

Reaction score
Usually when I review the upcoming Big Ten ganes I try to figure out what result is best for the Gophers. Tonight at 6 Central we have Bucky Badger at Purdue. In looking at the current standings I see a Purdue loss would move the Gophers up into a tie for 5th with the Boilermakers.

Is this really what I should be rooting for? I can't stand rooting for Bucky! I will do it once the tourney starts but otherwise the thought makes me ill.

Who should we be pulling for tonight? Does it matter?

The other interesting standings matter is that despite all the doom and gloom around the GH, the Gophers are only 1 game out of third place.

D&%m that Indiana Game! :mad:

I'd tend to look at it like this:

Who do the Gophers have a better chance of catching in the standings by the end of the year?

My answer would be Bucky. If Leuer is indeed out until the end of the regular season, the Badgers (though I won't count on it) are more likely than the Boilers to struggle down the stretch.

My answer would be Bucky. If Leuer is indeed out until the end of the regular season, the Badgers (though I won't count on it) are more likely than the Boilers to struggle down the stretch.

Oh, Thank God. Having to root for Wisconsin was going to make this a bad night.

I'd cheer for Bucky They are going to win in Purdue regardless and you might as well back a winner.

You should want Purdue to win- don't even think about rooting for Wisconsin in this one (or any other game). I hope Purdue wins by 60.

SelectionSunday's school of thought makes the most sense to me. The Gophers have a better chance of catching the Badgers than the Boilers.

But Purdue is going to win anyways, so don't worry about it.

The Badgers have won at Mackey once since 1974 and it was about 5-6 years ago against Purdue's worst team in program history.

JuJuan Johnson isn't starting but I expect Purdue to win.

Good game, Bucky is playing about as well as they can, but at home Purdue is showing how tough they are...Low scoring but IMO the first team to 55 wins it.

Bucky had a chance. Good look from Hughes but couldn't make it go right at the end.

Bucky had a chance. Good look from Hughes but couldn't make it go right at the end.

And the look he had before he was hacked in the elbow by Hummel, air balling it by about 5 feet and nothing was called. Oh well.

The offense really struggles with Leuer out. Should be an interesting finish to the B10 season.

And the look he had before he was hacked in the elbow by Hummel, air balling it by about 5 feet and nothing was called.

Oh please. A few of the fouls that Hughes drew certainly made up for anything that wasn't called.

Someone should photoshop George Clooney from the movie .. The men who stare at goats and have Bo Ryan as George Clooney teaching teaching his players how to fall down without being touched.

Oh please. A few of the fouls that Hughes drew certainly made up for anything that wasn't called.

Someone should photoshop George Clooney from the movie .. The men who stare at goats and have Bo Ryan as George Clooney teaching teaching his players how to fall down without being touched.

You conveniently left out the part where I said, "oh well". Are you trying to make it look like I'm bitching about the call??? Are you saying that hughes wasn't hacked on the elbow, and he just missed the shot by about 6 feet? Get a grip dude.

You conveniently left out the part where I said, "oh well". Are you trying to make it look like I'm bitching about the call??? Are you saying that hughes wasn't hacked on the elbow, and he just missed the shot by about 6 feet? Get a grip dude.
6 feet? It hit the rim. Come on, now.

6 feet? It hit the rim. Come on, now.

The 3-pt shot that Hughes put up definitely did NOT hit the rim. It missed by at least four-feet, although six-feet could be right, as well. I'm very, very happy that Purdue beat Bucky, but that was a clear foul on a jump shooter.

BUT, and it is a big BUT, I thought Wisky was getting a majority of the calls late in the first half (much to my surprise a road team getting calls). So, at the end of the day, it was all even, IMHO.

But, Hughes' shot most definitely was impacted by Hummel's impact on Hughes' elbow. It missed BADLY.

I thought we were talking about the shot at the end of the game. Now I'm confused.

I thought we were talking about the shot at the end of the game. Now I'm confused.

Nope, he was talking about the air-balled three-point shot with about :07 seconds left.

Are you trying to make it look like I'm bitching about the call??? Are you saying that hughes wasn't hacked on the elbow, and he just missed the shot by about 6 feet? Get a grip dude.

Well, are you? And regardless I am complaining that the Gophers got boned several times this year most recently at home with Michigan State when our guys were seriously hacked in the last few seconds and nothing was called. Bo and the entire trip of feignting goats wouldn't get a thing called in the last few seconds. Live with it I guess.

FOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty519
He's a known Purdue fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjgopher
He's a known Purdue graduate.

Hence the thousands of posts on this board
Hence the thousands of posts on this board.

I admit to liking FOT.

He has a wealth of knowlege and a different perspective ( Purdue grad and fan ).

It isn't like he is a Badger fan !

AND I often get a chuckle from the battles he gets into with various folks.

:)

Top Bottom