BTN+

Breakin' The Plane

Reaction score
How exactly does this work? I got an email that I can get a year school pass for $40 and one of the selling points is "Exclusive Men's Hoops Games". I'm trying to look at the schedule to figure out which games those would be. Is it just the games that don't currently have any TV listed on the schedule?

How exactly does this work? I got an email that I can get a year school pass for $40 and one of the selling points is "Exclusive Men's Hoops Games". I'm trying to look at the schedule to figure out which games those would be. Is it just the games that don't currently have any TV listed on the schedule?

It looks like the following games will be on BTN+:

Western Michigan - Nov 7th
St. Francis(Brooklyn) - Nov 11th
Alcorn State - Dec 29th

It looks like the following games will be on BTN+:

Western Michigan - Nov 7th
St. Francis(Brooklyn) - Nov 11th
Alcorn State - Dec 29th
If you are a basketball junkie and want to watch a lot of non-conf blowouts you will find those games on BTN+ for teams across the conference. Very few good matchups will end up on BTN+. For me it has never been worth paying extra to watch bad games but some might find it worthwhile I guess.

If you are a basketball junkie and want to watch a lot of non-conf blowouts you will find those games on BTN+ for teams across the conference. Very few good matchups will end up on BTN+. For me it has never been worth paying extra to watch bad games but some might find it worthwhile I guess.

I'm not paying it, and never have. The games just aren't worth it. These teams are all rated 300+ in KenPom, so we should blow them out. I'm wondering, with the new TV deal, if some of the BTN+ games might get switched to Peacock? I subscribe to that already so its baked into what I already spend. So I wouldn't be paying extra like I would here(even though $40 is like $3.5/month).

All of the BIG conference games are typically on BTN, ESPN (one of the three), FS1, etc.

You can watch an abbreviated version of the game the next day, regardless of where the original was broadcast. It is the game in a 60-minute version IIRC.

I listen to Mike Grimm when they play the Chucky Fucker States' of college basketball.

There are 3 non-conference games on B1G+. 11/7, 11/11 and 12/28. You can pay by the month, but you'll have to pay for 2 months to see all 3. I think it's around $10/month. I will probably subscribe for November, but not for 1 game in December.

Overall breakdown of Gopher games by outlet:

BTN: 19
FS1: 4
ESPN/2/U: 3
CBS Sports Network: 2
B1G+: 3

Not a lot of national exposure, but that's to be expected, I guess.

Overall breakdown of Gopher games by outlet:

BTN: 19
FS1: 4
ESPN/2/U: 3
CBS Sports Network: 2
B1G+: 3

Not a lot of national exposure, but that's to be expected, I guess.
So something like youtubeTV is the best bet. I'm stubborn and canceled youtubeTV awhile back. Would get again if they bally sports.

The best thing about BTN+ is the ability to rewatch any B1G game. There aren't many live games aired on it, but they do store all the replays there.

There are 3 non-conference games on B1G+. 11/7, 11/11 and 12/28. You can pay by the month, but you'll have to pay for 2 months to see all 3. I think it's around $10/month. I will probably subscribe for November, but not for 1 game in December.

I just checked yesterday and I don't see any one-game options. The best thing at this point is to pick a one-month conference subscription ($14.95). That way you could watch the Gopher games and any other Big Ten team's games that are on BTN+ in November. I think there is somewhere around 25 in all.

I just checked yesterday and I don't see any one-game options. The best thing at this point is to pick a one-month conference subscription ($14.95). That way you could watch the Gopher games and any other Big Ten team's games that are on BTN+ in November. I think there is somewhere around 25 in all.
There used to be a one-month team one as well.

A school pass will give you access to more than men's hoops. You will also be able to watch volleyball, women's basketball, softball, baseball, etc. , any games that are not on regular TV. If you follow multiple sports, it's a good deal.

A school pass will give you access to more than men's hoops. You will also be able to watch volleyball, women's basketball, softball, baseball, etc. , any games that are not on regular TV. If you follow multiple sports, it's a good deal.
I bought the school pass to watch volleyball, baseball, and softball.

The fact that I can watch the other sports is a bonus.

Top Bottom