BTN.com’s 2012 All-Big Ten teams

only guys i could see with a shot at all big would be mostly carter then wilhite.

Disappointed Michael Carter didn't make it, but from what I saw of Johnny Adams on Saturday, he's clearly deserving of it.

Was hoping for Carter as well. Assume/hope he and Wilhite should make the 2nd All-Big Ten Team Defense.

Good for Rallis in earning the sportsmanship award as well.

Don't agree with the coaches on Ricardo Allen being over Michael Carter for the 2nd team. Otherwise, I can agree with most of the others, but I thought Carter's play would have gotten him on the 2nd team on both. Purdue's other corner, Josh Johnson I believe, was better than Ricardo Allen this year.

I'm really surprised Wilhite wasn't at least honorable mention in the coaches version.

Don't agree with the coaches on Ricardo Allen being over Michael Carter for the 2nd team. Otherwise, I can agree with most of the others, but I thought Carter's play would have gotten him on the 2nd team on both. Purdue's other corner, Josh Johnson I believe, was better than Ricardo Allen this year.

The worth of this was clearly shown last season when the DB from Nebraska was the 1st team and DB of the year with 1 int and 23 tackles. To the victor goes the spoils.

The real travesty was Gray winning team MVP over Carter! In the words of he late great Bernie Mack "that's some bullshoot";)

The worth of this was clearly shown last season when the DB from Nebraska was the 1st team and DB of the year with 1 int and 23 tackles. To the victor goes the spoils.

The real travesty was Gray winning team MVP over Carter! In the words of he late great Bernie Mack "that's some bullshoot";)

But Gray was the team leader and had been through so much :p

Ok, honestly. I understand Gray was extremely valuable to this team, but MVP is historically strictly related to performance on the field. They got it wrong.

I'm really surprised Wilhite wasn't at least honorable mention in the coaches version.
Ditto. Wasn't he tied for the league lead in sacks? Or at least up there? Carter had a good year (exceptional for a Gopher corner), but Wilhite is my team MVP.

I'd have the running back from Northwestern 1st team All-Big Ten over Montee Ball.

Ditto. Wasn't he tied for the league lead in sacks? Or at least up there? Carter had a good year (exceptional for a Gopher corner), but Wilhite is my team MVP.

Finished 2nd if you count all games. Big Ten only he was tied for 4th. Didn't show up anywhere in the TFL list at least as far as conference games were concerned. Wilhite by far made most of his impact during the non-conf portion of our schedule, he had 4.5 sacks over those 4 games and only 4 over the remaining 8 conference games.

Top Bottom