Bruce Weber?

Gopherfan1000

Reaction score
KSU had a bad year, seems like he has had an issue with the AD and some players this year. Had great success with Illinois in the Big 10. He can recruit and is a well known coach. Just thought, maybe he'd consider the MN job? He's 64. This could be considered a stupid thought/post...

The coach before him and the coach 2 after him had great success at Illinois. He is a decent coach but he is pretty much A mediocre resume that made a couple of good runs with Bill self’s players since switching to the power 6 level

Since his two year run with bill self’s players he has:

3 seasons into the round of 32 or better
6 seasons without ncaa tourney
1 season canceled due to Covid that they wouldn’t have made it

a conference record of
136-147

One of his best seasons post running out of bill self’s players was his first year at k state with frank martins players.

Wow. I thought just this year was bad. Last year was a stinker too. He probably isn't a modern day college coach anymore. It'd probably be like bringing on a Tubby Smith again.
Looked at Tubby's bio to see what he has been up to of late. Really impressive that in his 30+ year career as a head coach he has only had a team finish under .500 four times. It happened in back to back years at Texas Tech after he left here and unfortunately the far and away 2 worst years of his coaching career have been the past two at High Point where he has gone a combined 18-38.

Probably time for him to hang it up and explore retirement.

Looked at Tubby's bio to see what he has been up to of late. Really impressive that in his 30+ year career as a head coach he has only had a team finish under .500 four times. It happened in back to back years at Texas Tech after he left here and unfortunately the far and away 2 worst years of his coaching career have been the past two at High Point where he has gone a combined 18-38.

Probably time for him to hang it up and explore retirement.
Why would you hang it up if someone is paying you and you enjoy it?

Wow. I thought just this year was bad. Last year was a stinker too. He probably isn't a modern day college coach anymore. It'd probably be like bringing on a Tubby Smith again.
Yes, he would be sort of like Tubby except Tubby had a better overall record and was 10 years younger when he came here. I'll pass on Weber for sure. This isn't a phased retirement job.

Well, I guess you're right to a degree but Tubby has had a decline as he's gotten older. I'm not sure I'd ever want to be in a job for very long where I performed at only a fraction of my former self. I say that as an old guy who is planning on retiring fairly soon and also as one who hasn't made anywhere close to the amount of money Tubby has made in his career.

True enough, and maybe he is at a point in his career where he isn't as concerned about winning. But I doubt he is having a ton of fun winning under 10 games in a season the way they have the past 2 years.

Eh, he's been bad at K state. I'll take a chance on someone else

Yes, KSU has been bad these last two years, but this is a dumb statement. I'll take someone else too, but KSU has two conference championships since 1977, and Bruce Weber has both of them.

Yes, KSU has been bad these last two years, but this is a dumb statement. I'll take someone else too, but KSU has two conference championships since 1977, and Bruce Weber has both of them.
Let's trade our coach on the decline for their coach on the decline. Still no

Yeah he hasn’t been bad. He has been just average enough for me to not want him.

Just curious, how do these recycled coaches that suck in their current jobs get you all excited enough to post them on here?

Eh, he's been bad at K state. I'll take a chance on someone else

I wouldn't say Weber has been "bad" at KState (B12 title and Elite 8 in separate seasons) but yea, he's on a downward trend and shouldn't be a candidate here.

Top Bottom