Bruce Feldman’s 2021 college football Freaks List (17. Boye Mafe, Minnesota, defensive end; 29. Daniel Faalele, Minnesota, offensive lineman)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Feldman:

17. Boye Mafe, Minnesota, defensive end​

He’s put on more than 50 pounds since arriving at Minnesota and weighs 263 now, up from 260 last year. Mafe (4.5 sacks in six games in 2020) says he did a lot of single-leg work this offseason in hopes of improving his footwork. His weight-room numbers are impressive; now the key is to take a guy who has vertical jumped 40.5 inches, broad jumped 10-6, run the 40 in 4.57 and power cleaned 400 pounds to make a lot more plays on the field.

29. Daniel Faalele, Minnesota, offensive lineman​

P.J. Fleck described the gigantic 6-foot-9 O-lineman from Australia as “a unicorn.” Two years ago, Faalele ranked No. 11 on this list because of his freakish combination of enormous size and a surprisingly athletic 29-inch vertical and 8-7 broad jump, but as he’s reshaped his body, he’s become a lot more nimble and flexible. Faalele is down about 30 pounds this offseason, in the 370-pound range.

“His power and explosiveness have always been second-to-none, but he has improved his change of direction and body control,” a Minnesota source said. “He can be a way more complete player in all phases and should be able to be dominant longer.”

Go Gophers!!

I thought Daniel looked more chiseled...

Got some exciting players to look forward to this upcoming season.

I'm almost interested in subscribing, just to read about the 28 guys ahead of Big Dan - that's unbelievable.

The verticals (and all numbers actually) for both of them are absolutely amazing. Compared to their size and shape they truly are special athletes with those numbers. Glad they are on this team.
I remember when I had the athletic ability to almost drive a car as far as they broad jump..........

Top Bottom