Bring in Mizzou for the 12th team!!!!!!

froggopher

Reaction score
Fellow Holer's, Missouri is the most logical decision to bring aboard. Hell, they have been playing Illinois for the last several years anyway. (Mizzou usually wins too). It also makes sense geographically as well. To hell with ND, Rutgers and Pitt. Look at a map and see where most of the Big Ten schools are located. Does it make sense now? Sure it does! I rest my case.
Welcome aboard Mizzou, ahead of time!

Go Gopher's:pig:

For geographical balance (hehe)

Missouri is tops. I don't see how another eastern team helps UM's travel budget. Just to spread the hurt out a bit how about adding Nebraska, One of the K schools or better yet Colorado! Of those, I like the Tigers or the Buffs best.

Fellow Holer's, Missouri is the most logical decision to bring aboard. Hell, they have been playing Illinois for the last several years anyway. (Mizzou usually wins too). It also makes sense geographically as well. To hell with ND, Rutgers and Pitt. Look at a map and see where most of the Big Ten schools are located. Does it make sense now? Sure it does! I rest my case.
Welcome aboard Mizzou, ahead of time!

Go Gopher's:pig:

I don't see Missouri leaving the Big 12. I can see your arguments based on geography but I haven't heard a single radio personality or newspaper article down here that has even mentioned the possibility of that occuring.

+1 for Iowa State

Excellent academics and a program we can compete with.

Missouri is part of the AAU, is geographically viable, has two major metro areas, and has current rivalry with Illinois.

ISU is a good deal because mich and OSUwill not view them as a threat, they rival IOWA, and they are at the level like us to compete with...Missouri or pitt would smoke us...

problem is that mizzou's rivalry with kansas is much bigger than its rivalry with illinois. sure they could play kansas OOC every year, but many schools don't like having to play BCS teams in the non-conference.

Missouri does not come close to qualifying academically for inclusion in the Big Ten. Taking a school of such low academic reputation would be a disaster for the Conference.

EDIT- also, Iowa State is not sufficient in any way to enter the Big Ten. Talk about a non-starter.

ISU is in the same bowl game as Minny this year, along with having a decent school academically. There bball had a 39 game home winning streak just this decade...the natural rivalry with Iowa and history with the UofM gives them atleast a look

ISU is in the same bowl game as Minny this year, along with having a decent school academically. There bball had a 39 game home winning streak just this decade...the natural rivalry with Iowa and history with the UofM gives them atleast a look

ISU would be the lowest ranked academic institution in the Big Ten (by far) and has no athletic ability or history to speak of. They offer no media market of any kind and are the also-ran school in an also-ran state. They offer NOTHING and will never be considered for inclusion in the Big Ten.

ISU is an even worse choice than Missouri, as if that were even possible.

I realize that ISU is the worst in the big ten, but they are still a top 50, maybe top 40, academic institute. They are less than ten spots behind us in the directors cup

The main cash gain from this expansion will not be from the new school, but from the new championship game.

I realize that ISU is the worst in the big ten, but they are still a top 50, maybe top 40, academic institute. They are less than ten spots behind us in the directors cup

The main cash gain from this expansion will not be from the new school, but from the new championship game.

ISU is not a top 50 academic institute. The only real rankings out there- US News- list ISU as #88, a full 17 spots behind the last Big Ten school. I'm not saying rankings are the end all and be all, or that US News should be the one that decides quality, but in general ISU has no academic reputation outside of the farming majors.

The monetary aspect of Big Ten expansion is only partially based on a championship game. The far larger component will come from access to new viewers for Big Ten Network. That is why Rutgers began floating around about 3 years ago as a possible addition.

Can you link me to the Directors Cup standings? I have tried to google them in the past and keep coming up with something that doesn't look right to me. I just want to see where you are looking to support ISU's athletic prowess.

I like Missouri the best at this point. It brings the St Louis and KC markets and it is a Midwest school like the original BT. Travel expense for the Gophers and Iowa Wisc would be so much higher by adding an eastern school. Remember it's not just travel for BB and FB, it's also all the non-revenue sports-Men's and Women's.

One good thing about adding ISU would be the U of Iowa would be able to find their way there for games.

I am curious how much of the Kansas City market would Mizzou really bring as the majority of KC people I know are KU fans, though admittedly that may be a coincidence.

I am curious how much of the Kansas City market would Mizzou really bring as the majority of KC people I know are KU fans, though admittedly that may be a coincidence.

The Kansas/Mizzou football fan base down here is pretty equal. With a mix of Kansas State fans as well.

I don't foresee any movement by Missouri to ever leave the Big 12. Zero.

If Missouri has such a huge fanbase, why do they keep getting jumped (badly) in bowl games.

IDK, but that wouldn't change if they went to the big ten...Iowa, michigan, wisconsin, would be jumpin them instead of ISU, Col, KSU.

Top Bottom