Brian Ferentz has to average 25 PPG

They won't fire him either way. We know that. Maybe he'll lose 20k in his contract.

BF not off to a great start in the quest to average 25 ppg. Parker helped him out this week with the D pitching in 7.

Through 2 games Iowa looks like a slightly worse version of last year's team. Defense is still very good but doesn't feel quite as dominant as last year given who they lost. And the offense, even with the transfers, is still way below average.

BF not off to a great start in the quest to average 25 ppg. Parker helped him out this week with the D pitching in 7.

Through 2 games Iowa looks like a slightly worse version of last year's team. Defense is still very good but doesn't feel quite as dominant as last year given who they lost. And the offense, even with the transfers, is still way below average.

Tried to explain to an Iowa friend that their QB was shitty today. He couldn’t understand it. That defense is good but agreed less dominant.

West is wide open this year. Illinois looks below average, Nebraska is 0-2, northwestern sucks, Purdue might suck, gophers appear to be solid but not great, wisco looks average. I see a 6-3 champion (with tiebreakers) or 7-2 (with some help)

Iowa is sitting on 21 points per game now and need to average almost 27 points per game over the last 8 games.

However, this got me thinking about our glass house here in MN. We have scored exactly the same number of points as Iowa, 85 through 4 games. Tied for last in the B1G Conference. (Virginia, Iowa State, Baylor, and Arizona State have fewer for P5, Combined 4-12) Our defense is not as good as well. After giving up 31 points to Penn State, Iowa is 16 points better than us.

I just don't see how Fleck can continue down this loyal road on offense and conservative scheme. Especially if the defense is showing leaks.

Iowa is sitting on 21 points per game now and need to average almost 27 points per game over the last 8 games.

However, this got me thinking about our glass house here in MN. We have scored exactly the same number of points as Iowa, 85 through 4 games. Tied for last in the B1G Conference. (Virginia, Iowa State, Baylor, and Arizona State have fewer for P5, Combined 4-12) Our defense is not as good as well. After giving up 31 points to Penn State, Iowa is 16 points better than us.

I just don't see how Fleck can continue down this loyal road on offense and conservative scheme. Especially if the defense is showing leaks.

Exactly.

It baffles me how anyone here can make fun of Brian Ferentz. I believe he's undefeated against the Gophers. In 2021, both Tanner Morgan and Spencer Petras threw 10 TD's and had 9 int's. In 2022 Tanner Morgan had 9 TD's to Spencer Petras 5 and they both threw 5 picks...however Petras played both Ohio State and Michigan. Morgan missed a lot of time in 2022, but the time missed was mostly against quality defenses of Penn State/Iowa/Wisconsin.

I see Iowa's biggest issue is the decline in offensive line play. They haven't been able to run the ball like they used to in recent years. I don't expect that to continue for long given their track record and they've still had good results on the field winning a West title and taking 3/4 from Wisconsin/Minnesota in the past two seasons.

Top Bottom