Brewster is an upbeat guy, deal with it

gophergrad

Reaction score
One thing that bothers me is how people always get on Brewster about being so upbeat (see Souhan's latest article, which isn't really that new as he's written the same basic thing over and over again). I can understand that people get mad with Coach Brew's constant optimism after a loss. But we haven't been good in almost 40 years and the program had become lethargic. I'd rather he were upbeat than making excuses for losing.

And I'm not sure he's always so blindly positive. We don't really know how he talks to his players we can only talk about how he talks to the media.

I was thinking about this when I read Ken'ts latest blog.

"People don't know me," he said. "They're not in the film room with me. They're not with me and our football team. Obviously I'm a very driven person. I would love to see perfection. And we really strive for that. When we don't reach that we try to ask ourselves, 'Why? What can we do better?' That's what good coaching is. Screaming, yelling, cussing at a kid? That all sounds good, but is that teaching, is that coaching, is that helping a guy improve? I don't think so. And I've been around both (kinds of coaches)."

Besides the rather lame 'people don't know me' line, I think what he's saying is that he's not blindly optimistic but he prefers being positive to ragging on kids. Hate him or love him Brewster's gotten people talking about the Gophers football.

And I love him, so get at me trolls.

Top Bottom