Brewster and Texas Tech maybe?

Iowasucks

Reaction score
First of all, I am no bit...I am actually an old Alum from 94. I have read and heard a few things (just blogs or people running their mouths) not from any serious new sites...but the Brewster is interested in Texas Tech. Why? His son is attending the University of Texas (brings him closer to his son), Tech runs the offense he tried to install here and Tech likes his recruiting ability. He might not be what Mack Brown is, but maybe he can somewhat compete for a couple elite Texas athletes.

Tech would not have to change their offensive strategies and this would help with current players and recruits coming expecting to play Leaches offense. Is Brewster happy in Minnesota, did he really try the KU route...does he want to be back in the Big 12?

Should be interesting if his name does come up in any conversations outside of blogs.

Here's An Idea

Here we go again......:rolleyes:

Instead of THAT, consult pages 8 and 9 of Gopherhole and substitute Texas Tech everytime you see the word Kansas!

That should cover it!:)

Does Lou Nanne have any inside info coming out of Lubbock?

Given the Kansas debacle, I don't think Brew will be dumb enough to have his buddies at Texas pimping him out again. He has his (unsigned) extension, he best keep his head down. If he does the same dog and pony show with TT, I hope Maturi lights his extension on fire and leaves it burning on his desk next to his pink slip.

Does Lou Nanne have any inside info coming out of Lubbock?

Look, I am in Austin, Texas. I am just sharing what is being mention on AM1300 the Zone down here. The Zone is the same as KFAN (but much better) and they were discussing the possibility of Brew coming back to the Big 12. That is all, not trying to start anything.

Given the Kansas debacle, I don't think Brew will be dumb enough to have his buddies at Texas pimping him out again. He has his (unsigned) extension, he best keep his head down. If he does the same dog and pony show with TT, I hope Maturi lights his extension on fire and leaves it burning on his desk next to his pink slip.

Unsigned?

Look, I am in Austin, Texas. I am just sharing what is being mention on AM1300 the Zone down here. The Zone is the same as KFAN (but much better) and they were discussing the possibility of Brew coming back to the Big 12. That is all, not trying to start anything.

I'm sure his name will be mentioned for all the reasons you state. There's a difference between that and what happened with Kansas.

Everything I've read indicates Brew and Maturi have come to a verbal agreement on an extension, but the lawyers haven't picked through it yet.

Interesting, I was unaware of that. Thanks for the information.

I really wasn't ripping on you with my "Lou Nanne" comment. I was more making fun of the people in the Kansas rumors that were sure that Lou Nanne had the inside track on what was going on with the Kansas foootball coaching search.

This is a better fit than Kansas for Brewster, but I would think that given all the consternation the Kansas yakking caused, my guess is Brewster is going to turn off the cell phone for the next week.

Very true.

Interestingly enough, many of Brewster's lets' say non-fans bought into every word of him starting the Kansa rumors. When ESPN also stated that he was one of the finalists for the job they hurriedly and huffingly stated that part of the rumor was obviously NOT true!:clap::clap:

Now I hate myself for going into it again.:banghead::banghead::banghead::horse:

+100

I'm a Brewster supporter. But I find it hard to believe that other BCS schools would place him very high on their wish lists. And if it's Brewster starting these rumors, whether it's to land a new job or improve his contract situation, Maturi should give Brewster an outstanding recommendation and help him pack.

I'm sure his name will be mentioned for all the reasons you state. There's a difference between that and what happened with Kansas.

I am sure he will be mentioned by some people, but I really don't think it makes sense for TT. TT just fired an incredibly popular coach who had them contending with Texas and Oklahoma. I am a Brewster fan, but how would that play in TT to replace Leach with a guy with Brew's resume? TT has to make a pretty good hire to avoid alienating a lot of people. While the job has its drawbacks (competing against Texas and Oklahoma, having to replace Leach, etc), I am certain they will offer quite a bit of money (no longer paying Bob Knight or Mike Leach), and get a coach who makes more sense for them.

I imagine their next coach might be the coach for Houston (he might not be interested being that he is a buddy of Leach).

This is a better fit than Kansas for Brewster, but I would think that given all the consternation the Kansas yakking caused, my guess is Brewster is going to turn off the cell phone for the next week.

And when he turns that phone back on there will be no messages on it from Texas Tech. They are not going to hire a coach with his record with no ties to the school. It wil probably be Sonny Dykes or Art Briles.

And when he turns that phone back on there will be no messages on it from Texas Tech. They are not going to hire a coach with his record with no ties to the school. It wil probably be Sonny Dykes or Art Briles.

I was thinking calls from the media and his buddies as well.

I'd bet on Sonny Dykes. I don't think Briles is ready to step into that type of a situation, and he's just getting started at Baylor. Tech is a definite step-up right now, but he could see this mess as a window to improve Baylor.

Dykes has enough experience and success at Arizona to be qualified, and will get a decent honeymoon from the Tech faithful.

Everything is possible, but without any reasonable evidence to validate such a possibility -- do we really need to post a thread each time someone has a fear or suspicion of Brewster (or any Gopher coach for that matter) leaving?

Wouldn't that set the pink slip and possibly Maturi's desk on fire?:D

First of all, I am no bit...I am actually an old Alum from 94. I have read and heard a few things (just blogs or people running their mouths) not from any serious new sites...but the Brewster is interested in Texas Tech. Why? His son is attending the University of Texas (brings him closer to his son), Tech runs the offense he tried to install here and Tech likes his recruiting ability. He might not be what Mack Brown is, but maybe he can somewhat compete for a couple elite Texas athletes.

Tech would not have to change their offensive strategies and this would help with current players and recruits coming expecting to play Leaches offense. Is Brewster happy in Minnesota, did he really try the KU route...does he want to be back in the Big 12?

Should be interesting if his name does come up in any conversations outside of blogs.

Right, Brewster wants to go to a hamlet where the city hall is on top of a Dairy Queen.
Look up the meaning of "conjecture" and then staple the page to your f---ing forhead.:mad:

Wouldn't that set the pink slip and possibly Maturi's desk on fire?:D

I was referring to leaving it burning on Brewster's desk (assuming Brew still has a desk and didn't lose it in an effort to balance the budget.) It might cause the pink slip to catch fire though, I'll give you that.

Whoever takes over at TT is in a tight spot. I wouldn't want to be the guy who goes there. The boosters and players are going to be immediately skeptical of you. It would take someone with absolute brass balls to handle that situation.

Top Bottom