Brevyn Spann-Ford Senior Bowl measurements

I don’t think BSF is even a top five all-time Gopher tight end, am I wrong? Tony Liebert is passionate about Gopher sports, but has a lot of room to grow as an interviewer. H e is doing what he appears to love, I hope he keeps growing in his current role.
Your post got me thinking about who would be included in the Top Five TEs in Gopher history. Maxx Williams and Matt Spaeth are pretty much no-brainers post-2000 and Brandon Lingen and Nick Tow-Arnett each had their moments (and I don't know if Marqueis Gray is considered a TE), but you have to go back to the 1960s before you really see any other stand-outs. Charlie Sanders, Ray Parsons, Aaron Brown, and Kent Kramer were all really good players. Craig Otto and Pat Evans both had some good seasons in the 80s/90s, but the Gophers haven't exactly been "TE U."

Your post got me thinking about who would be included in the Top Five TEs in Gopher history. Maxx Williams and Matt Spaeth are pretty much no-brainers post-2000 and Brandon Lingen and Nick Tow-Arnett each had their moments (and I don't know if Marqueis Gray is considered a TE), but you have to go back to the 1960s before you really see any other stand-outs. Charlie Sanders, Ray Parsons, Aaron Brown, and Kent Kramer were all really good players. Craig Otto and Pat Evans both had some good seasons in the 80s/90s, but the Gophers haven't exactly been "TE U."
Ben Utecht

Good block and oh yeah, caught a tough TD pass.

I don’t think BSF is even a top five all-time Gopher tight end, am I wrong? Tony Liebert is passionate about Gopher sports, but has a lot of room to grow as an interviewer. H e is doing what he appears to love, I hope he keeps growing in his current role.
Top 5 includes some pretty impressive TEs. Probably not an insult. Sounds like he's making quite the impression on the Senior Bowl staff. He's certainly an impressive specimen.

Last edited:

Ben also has a hard time remembering.
You’re mocking him for a brain injury he sustained playing professional football?

Are you that desperate attention?

He is a talented, humble, grateful person, someone to be emulated, not mocked.

A good place to start would be reading this article regarding his recovery kiddo -

You’re mocking him for a brain injury he sustained playing professional football?

Are you that desperate attention?

He is a talented, humble, grateful person, someone to be emulated, not mocked.

A good place to start would be reading this article regarding his recovery kiddo -

Now readers are aware of his situation. Thank you for his information as now people hopefully research the affects of brain injuries in & out of sports. You are correct he is an asset from Minnesota. Lets hope the readers take time to read the article.

If I was a pro scout looking at TE's I would create 2 hi lite video's. One showing BSF's great plays and another showing his miss blocks and dropped passes. I would show both to BSF and then ask him. "Who are you?" "Which one?" Curious minds would like to know.

If I was a pro scout looking at TE's I would create 2 hi lite video's. One showing BSF's great plays and another showing his miss blocks and dropped passes. I would show both to BSF and then ask him. "Who are you?" "Which one?" Curious minds would like to know.
If I was a pro scout, I could probably answer that question myself. I could also figure out if the organization could improve consistancy in making positive plays.

Top Bottom