Breaking down the tape from Gophers' win over New Hampshire

Sure the rest of you can break down tape. I have Dish network and there will be no breaking down of tape.

Sure the rest of you can break down tape. I have Dish network and there will be no breaking down of tape.

Not having the dish makes you eat off the floor
Eating off the floor makes you sick
Being sick makes you read Parski comments
Don't read Parski comments
Get cable.:)

A few things that stuck out to me after watching the replay of the game:

> The 4th down stop negated by penalty was huge. The Gophers get the ball at midfield there, they could have put the game away.
> Carder was not nearly as impressive as I was expecting. He completed very few impressive throws and missed some really open guys
> On Shortell's interception, he was taking a linebacker's helmet to the chest as he delivered the ball, but it was still a jump ball situation you would hope your WR could either come down with or knock down. DB made a pretty impressive play
> With the game on the line, Kirkwood found himself with the biggest holes we've seen this year in the 4th quarter. When the box wasn't stacked, the Gophers O-Line actually performed well.

> Game was closer than it really could have been. The defense was a heartbeat away from forcing a few more turnovers; Wells should have had a pick, I thought the WMU receiver had that one pass long enough to be called a catch and fumble, which was returned for a TD by Aaron Hill, etc.

Great to see some extended drives later in the game. ONE three-and-out for the Gophers in the second half, with none of the other drives shorter than 26 yards. Gave the defense a chance to get some rest and also change the field position battle. With the exception of Gray's fumble, WMU never had a short field to work with, average starting field position of their own 29.

Not overly worried about the rushing yards given up because I'm sure they just didn't expect WMU to run it that much. When you see them rush for a total of (-6) yards against Illinois, it's tough to assume you're going to see much of an effort to run the ball.

3-0!!! That's the important thing!!

Top Bottom