Brady Hoke

If the Gophers hire Brady Hoke I will burn Bierman to the ground*.

*Don't call the cops, it's just an exaggeration.

Brady Hoke is not a Tubby-like hire & will not generate excitement in Gopherland & sell season tickets.

Its not going to be Mike Leach. The earlier you realize this, the less the rest of us will have to deal with your unrealistic whining and bitching once the coach is named. Thanks in advance.

Oh I realize it's most likely not going to be him...but when we're stuck in mediocreville having flashbacks to Glen Mason (or worse) another brew brew I better not hear ur ass whining and bitching

Brady Hoke is not a Tubby-like hire & will not generate excitement in Gopherland & sell season tickets.

Nor are Calhoun or Golden. There's no one out there who will generate excitement for this program. We need a coach who can build up our players and flat out out-coach the opposite sideline, and Hoke has shown he can do that, especially this year. Screw excitement. Bring me wins. A W will put more butts in the seats than a clown dancing around in a pirate hat.

I recommended Hoke!

I kid you not. 4 weeks ago I recommended Hoke to Maturi. I live in San Diego and I've been trying to support them for 20 years. They have better athletes just in San Diego than the whole state of Minnesota but SDSU loses them all to USC, UCLA, Boise, Washington, etc..

I wrote this email to Maturi

Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 10:24 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Golden Gopher Alum

Joel,

Thank you for your note which was sent to all Football "M' Men. .... as a fan of my now adopted San Diego State Aztecs Football team I can say I think they got the "Hire Right" with Brady Hoke. Before last year San Diego State tried everything over the last 20 years. They hired big name Assistants from National championship teams, former alumni coaches, you name it. Then San Diego State decided to take a page out of the Urban Meyer Mold. They found a Coach who had HEAD COACHING Success at every level. Someone of the same Hoke, Meyer mold can do it at Minnesota.

I'm telling you, we can win at Minnesota. We can because its a great University and a great City. If you can get a Coach that can not only coach but also present just how special a place it is to a 17 and 18 year old kid, Minnesota will be a winner again.

Response

Appreciate. Agree we can get it done.

Joel Maturi

There's no one out there who will generate excitement for this program.

Must...resis....gah I can't!

Mike Leach would!

:horse:

Brady Hoke's list of victories:

Southern Utah (5-6)
New Mexico State (3-10)
Colorado State (3-9)
New Mexico (1-11)

Nicholls State (4-7)
New Mexico State (2-9)
Utah State (4-7)
Air Force (8-4)
New Mexico (1-10)
Wyoming (2-9)
Colorado State (3-9)

The Glen Mason way to winning.

Brady Hoke's list of victories:

New Mexico State (2-9)
Utah State (4-7)
Air Force (8-4)
New Mexico (1-10)
Wyoming (2-9)
Colorado State (3-9)

All of which are conference games. Should we remind everyone the dominant TCU team led by Patterson who, everyone wants as the new coach, plays in the same conference. Why is it ok for Patterson to win these same games but not Hoke? Hoke has done pretty darn well in his two seasons there.

All of which are conference games. Should we remind everyone the dominant TCU team led by Patterson who, everyone wants as the new coach, plays in the same conference. Why is it ok for Patterson to win these same games but not Hoke? Hoke has done pretty darn well in his two seasons there.

Patterson has crushed those same teams for a longer period of time. Patterson has basically won 3 out of every four games he has coached, Hoke has a sub .500 record.

Because Patterson absolutely slaughters those teams and beats BCS teams out of conference.

Top Bottom