Boye to the Vikes

Hell fu-----g NOOOOOOOOOO

Well, just me...I'm not trading the 12th pick for picks 25 and 57. That seems like a head scratcher. value wise.
2nd, the Vikings need a corner, once again, and pretty badly. They need an o linemen to plug in at guard or center. I highly doubt Linderbaum would be there at 25, but if he was...depending what the Vikings do in free agency I think they'd jump at that opportunity....short arms or not.

Edge rusher is a need for any team. However, the Vikings have two of the best in the league. Mafe in the first round to somebody seems pretty likely, but I'll be very surprised if it is to the Vikings by trading down. Seems more likely to me they'd trade up with their 2nd round pick.

Flyer, I didn't mean it as I believe this is the best for the Vikes. I just meant it as interesting and great publicity for the Gophs. I honestly have about a negative 10% chance of happening. Just a talking point.

If Gardner is gone by 12, I'd trade back. I like McDuffie and some 2nd round guys as much as any of the first rounders.

If we trade back, I'd be happy with Mafe at #25. I'd love to be able to rotate guys in and out. Z. Smith's contract is essentially a 1 year deal and Hunter's contract will likely need to be reevaluated next year. So, we'll need pass rushers and Mafe really fits the mold.

If Mafe is there in the 2nd round 8 could see it. There are a ton of edge rushers in this draft, several of which would fit the 3-4 which I think Mafe could do. I think the sleeper pick at 12 could be Minnesota’s own Jermaine Johnson (although I think they take Stingley, McDuffie, or Jordan Davis).

Linderbaum seems like Bradbury 2.0 undersized (6’2” 296) that can move, plus short arms? Yuck! I know he’s a wrestler and that helps but I think he’s just going to get overpowered. No thanks. Especially at 12 (I’m just disappointed by Bradbury, maybe new staff can help him?) Corner for sure, or stud linebacker like a Micah Parsons last year (is that available). There are some great interior D lineman in this draft, at 12 if that giant fast Georgia DT is there he could fit in the 3-4 quite well. I think in 2 they definitely should think Oline and this is a very deep WR draft and this might be Thielens last year (hope not?). Guess we will see, in new GM group we trust I guess.

Linderbaum seems like Bradbury 2.0 undersized (6’2” 296) that can move, plus short arms? Yuck! I know he’s a wrestler and that helps but I think he’s just going to get overpowered. No thanks. Especially at 12 (I’m just disappointed by Bradbury, maybe new staff can help him?) Corner for sure, or stud linebacker like a Micah Parsons last year (is that available). There are some great interior D lineman in this draft, at 12 if that giant fast Georgia DT is there he could fit in the 3-4 quite well. I think in 2 they definitely should think Oline and this is a very deep WR draft and this might be Thielens last year (hope not?). Guess we will see, in new GM group we trust I guess.
You could be right but lots of people see him differently. Mel Kiper being one:Linderbaum to Bengals says Kiper
Good background here:
https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/gm-report/seahawks-draft-profile-tyler-linderbaum

Bottom line: Bradbury needs to be replaced to fit with the Vikings win now plan.

I've seen Mafe mocked to Tampa Bay at 27 a few times lately. Would be great to add another Gopher to Row the Boat. Just not that other Bay.

Vikings are intending to compete immediately and have a bunch of other immediate needs.....so unfortunately I can't see this playing out.

I've seen Mafe mocked to Tampa Bay at 27 a few times lately. Would be great to add another Gopher to Row the Boat. Just not that other Bay.

Would suck to see him go to Green Bay. But if it meant the difference between being drafted in the first round or not.....I think I'd be on board.

Vikings are intending to compete immediately and have a bunch of other immediate needs.....so unfortunately I can't see this playing out.

Would suck to see him go to Green Bay. But if it meant the difference between being drafted in the first round or not.....I think I'd be on board.
I know nothing...but it sure seems to me the Packers need a couple pretty good wide receivers to replace the guys who left. I'd think that's where they'd be at but ...?

Well, just me...I'm not trading the 12th pick for picks 25 and 57. That seems like a head scratcher. value wise...
The Vikings did just that in the 1981 draft, if my memory serves me correctly.
Traded their 1st round draft choice for a pair of second round selections, and wound up taking WR Mardye McDole and RB Jarvis Redwine.

Good strategy for the budget-conscious franchises ;)

The Vikings did just that in the 1981 draft, if my memory serves me correctly.
Traded their 1st round draft choice for a pair of second round selections, and wound up taking WR Mardye McDole and RB Jarvis Redwine.

Good strategy for the budget-conscious franchises ;)
And I imagine a hall of famer was picked in their original place.

And I imagine a hall of famer was picked in their original place.
No doubt.. just like trading all of those high Vikings draft picks, which were used by the Cowboys to select RB Emmitt Smith, DL Russell Maryland, and numerous others... for Herschel Walker :eek::oops: later that same decade

No doubt.. just like trading all of those high Vikings draft picks, which were used by the Cowboys to select RB Emmitt Smith, DL Russell Maryland, and numerous others... for Herschel Walker :eek::oops: later that same decade
That still burns. I loved Herschel as a stand alone player, but that trade made the cowgirls into a juggernaut.

What did Meatsauce say about this. He is the state’s greatest draft mind.

Top Bottom