Bowl Games Locks

Replacement Gopher

Reaction score
What are we looking at betting?
I’ll go with the Gophers minus the points and will likely tease it up to pick up some more juice.

What else are we all liking?

Gophers -4 is one of the best bets in bowl szn. Minnesota seems a bad matchup for WVU.

Other locks you can feel free to take the opposite on...

Clemson +1.5 over Iowa St (Iowa St is just a computer darling that loses a lot, talent gap)
Texas A&M -4.5 over Wake Forest (talent gap)
Pitt +3 over MSU (Pitt is a bad matchup for Sparty D)
Ohio State -6.5 over Utah (talent gap)

Gophers -4 is one of the best bets in bowl szn. Minnesota seems a bad matchup for WVU.

Clemson +1.5 over Iowa St (Iowa St is just a computer darling that loses a lot, talent gap)
A&M has a talent gap over Wake for sure, but they’ve looked pretty shaky at points this year. And Wake beat A&M in their previous bowl matchup just a few years ago despite the talent gap.

But Clemson has been playing very well lately. I see them as a lock too.

I don't know if Purdue and Iowa are "locks". I'd pick them to lose but not sure I'd call it a lock.

Iowa's terrible offense will be worse without Goodson, they aren't beating a solid SEC team.

Same goes for Purdue without Bell. They also won't have Karlaftis. Bet the house.

Iowa's terrible offense will be worse without Goodson, they aren't beating a solid SEC team.

Same goes for Purdue without Bell. They also won't have Karlaftis. Bet the house.

They're going to be without Bell AND Karlaftis? Big Ten and the Music City Bowl reps must be regretting their pick.

Forgot about Purdue missing those 2. Ok, call that one a lock!
I just think Iowa's defense is too good for any game with them to be a lock.

Pitt was the best lock of the bowl season until their QB opted out. Now I stay away.

not a lot of good bets. Too many question marks.
Minnesota -4 > West Virginia
Wisconsin -7 > Arizona state
Houston +2.5 > auburn
Liberty > eastern Michigan (but too late because it’s already happening)

Michigan will run the table, and Ohio state will pull away late.

Top Bottom