Bo Pelini to Miami?

GG rebuttal/denial/whinefest in 3, 2, 1...

I'd have to believe that they'd need to break the bank to get Pelini out of Nebraska.

No Mo Bo?

@ Nebraska. That would be too funny. Sounds to me like Bo got busted for having his agent sniff around. What would also be funny would be to see Dan Mullen wind up still @ MSU when all the music stops. He might wind up wishing he hadn't highballed us on price. He may wind up being a victim of the Schiano syndrome (a.k.a. a college coach at a mediocre school who doesn't cash in for a bigger job the one year he has a good season. Especially if he's holding out for a dream job somewhere else).

One other thing: I wonder if michigan is wishing they would have pulled the pin on the dickrod grenade sooner, like right after his meltdown last week? Now they'll be fighting with both Miami & FLorida for a high profile coach if they can RR. Who knows what's up with Harbaugh taking over? If their AD knew that was a done deal he'd already have the job.

I could understand his interest if the tOSU job were to open up. But Miami? Maybe it's wishful thinking but I can't imagine he'd leave Nebraska to go to Miami.

A real football coach like Pelini could do pretty darn well in a recruiting hotbed like Miami.

I want to see the Tom Osborne vs. Donna Shalala cage match!

I could understand his interest if the tOSU job were to open up. But Miami? Maybe it's wishful thinking but I can't imagine he'd leave Nebraska to go to Miami.

Why do you think this? I'm guessing you know more than most on here about Bo and Nebraska. How are fans taking the news? Will this really piss off Tom?

If he leaves I think its OSU or maybe Florida. Not Miami. Although Mullen may go to Florida...

Nebraska is a better job than Miami IMO...

This looks like another job for Adam Kelly, "Super Investigator of College Football Coach Hiring Etiquette.

Why do you think this? I'm guessing you know more than most on here about Bo and Nebraska. How are fans taking the news? Will this really piss off Tom?

I'd be surprised to see him leave. More than likely any interest would be just to get leverage for a pay raise from Nebraska because he is still on his first HC contract so his pay is lower than it should be for a two-time Division champ. If it comes down to money Miami can't compare to Nebraska. Miami can't fill their stadium and even they even struggled to fill it when they were playing for BCS Titles. Then on the tv side of it the money they bring in doesn't compare to the Big Ten's contracts. The one real advantage of Miami is fertile recruiting grounds and an easier road to play for BCS Championships.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did talk to Miami. The AD at Miami is Kirby Hocutt, who was the associate AD at Oklahoma when Bo was the defensive coordinator for the Sooners.

Beyond a possible phone conversation, though, the lack of confirmation from either school and the minimal number of sources involved makes me think there isn't much to this story. Who knows, maybe more will come out within the next few days. But for now, most Husker fans - myself included - are not too concerned about Bo leaving for Miami.

And as long as Bo is straight-forward with Osborne, there shouldn't be any problems between them. Bo knows that if he does want to officially interview, Osborne would very likely give him permission.

Top Bottom