Blake Weber PWO Commit to Gophers

Blake Weber is a good football player. He is the exact kind of player you'd hope to add during the walk-on process. He had a PWO offer from Iowa and a couple FCS offers. He probably didn't time fast enough to have a lot of BCS offers but he was really productive in HS.

Blake Weber is a good football player. He is the exact kind of player you'd hope to add during the walk-on process. He had a PWO offer from Iowa and a couple FCS offers. He probably didn't time fast enough to have a lot of BCS offers but he was really productive in HS.

+1 looks like a good athlete that could play multi positions.

this is the best walk on class I can remember
I don't think Brew ever got quality PWOs but I could be wrong

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Proud to announce I am officially committing to the University of Minnesota! <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23SkiUMah&src=hash">#SkiUMah</a></p>— Blake Weber (@Bweb3422) <a href="https://twitter.com/Bweb3422/statuses/430553089481781251">February 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

dpo, I hate when people give you crap, because even when I don't agree with your take, your information and sense of history is always solid. Thanks for that post.

As my memory serves me Brew also had Isaac Fruechte on board as a PWO but then he failed to qualify and needed to go the JUCO route. Additionally Brew had offered Derek Engel a PWO opportunity and Engel choose to go the DII route. Point being, I think Brew knew full well how to identify quality walk on players and understood it needed to happen within our program to increase the likelihood of success. Brew did make plenty of mistakes though but that's another subject.

Can we just drop Brew? He hasn't been our coach in going on 4 years now. Let the man be.

Can't we enjoy a modicum of success without curb stomping the old coach at every turn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dpo, I hate when people give you crap, because even when I don't agree with your take, your information and sense of history is always solid. Thanks for that post.

You're very welcome, and thank you for the kind words.

As my memory serves me Brew also had Isaac Fruechte on board as a PWO but then he failed to qualify and needed to go the JUCO route. Additionally Brew had offered Derek Engel a PWO opportunity and Engel choose to go the DII route. Point being, I think Brew knew full well how to identify quality walk on players and understood it needed to happen within our program to increase the likelihood of success. Brew did make plenty of mistakes though but that's another subject.

Correct on all counts.

Can we just drop Brew? He hasn't been our coach in going on 4 years now. Let the man be.

Precisely. I wish people would stop talking about Tubby for the same reason. The past is the past, and there's nothing we can do to change it.

You're very welcome, and thank you for the kind words.

Correct on all counts.

Precisely. I wish people would stop talking about Tubby for the same reason. The past is the past, and there's nothing we can do to change it.
You're going to feel awfully stupid when I get my time machine up and running.

Top Player from one of the top programs in the state. He did a little bit of everything for them and is a great kid.

I didn't see it mentioned above, but from I've read he played outside linebacker and running back in HS. Rivals has him listed as an outside linebacker.

I didn't see it mentioned above, but from I've read he played outside linebacker and running back in HS. Rivals has him listed as an outside linebacker.

Yeah, I think he ends up at MLB or H-Back here. He's a good tackler and a good instinct player, but I don't think he's fast enough to play on the outside in the Big 10.

Got to see him a few times in his HS career. Have to say i totally support this PWO. Well played, JK.

dpo,your information and sense of history is always solid.

Despite being Dpo'd on a recent thread for reasons I don't quite understand, I agree with this. I appreciate Dpo's contributions to this site.

Top Bottom