Blaise Andries selected to East-West Shrine Bowl

Strength in numbers can only be good for Gopher Brand. I hope that all of them get drafted or signed as UDFA.

Every time I see East/West game I think of the Key and Peele bit. “Hingle McCringleberry, Penn State University…” LMFAO!
Hopefully Blaise runs into a few of those characters.

Awesome news. 5 Gophers in All-Star games now. That has to be some kind of record (at least as far back as I can recall)
Was kind of wondering that too. Doesn't seem like we have had a ton of guys playing in these games over the years so 5 would seem like a pretty decent number.

Edit - Senior bowl has a website that lists all the players going back to as early as 1950. The only other Gophers that showed up were Coughlin in 2020 and Eric Murray in 2016. So with 3 guys going this year we more than doubled our all time total apparently.

Edit 2 - 2020 it looks like Williamson, TJ, and Rodney Smith all played in the Shrine bowl. So combined with Coughlin in the senior bowl that was 4 that year.

Last edited:

Blaise will always be one of my favorite players of all time. He honored his commitment to the U with a new coach coming in. Best of luck Blaise.

Was kind of wondering that too. Doesn't seem like we have had a ton of guys playing in these games over the years so 5 would seem like a pretty decent number.

Edit - Senior bowl has a website that lists all the players going back to as early as 1950. The only other Gophers that showed up were Coughlin in 2020 and Eric Murray in 2016. So with 3 guys going this year we more than doubled our all time total apparently.

Edit 2 - 2020 it looks like Williamson, TJ, and Rodney Smith all played in the Shrine bowl. So combined with Coughlin in the senior bowl that was 4 that year.
Good times are upon us. Thanks for the detective work. Hard to believe none of the offense from Mason made it. They had some studs.

After 2019 season, Tyler Johnson, Rodney Smith, and Chris Williamson in Shrine Bowl. Plus Carter Coughlin and Kamal Martin in Senior Bowl, although Kamal was a DNP.

Senior Bowl: Rashede played in 2014, Cobb in 2015, Maye and Murray in 2016, Travis in 2017, St Juste in 2021.

Shrine Bowl: BBC and DeVondre in 2016, Myrick in 2017
Hula Bowl used to be a big bowl…had been shut down from 2008 to 2020

Top Bottom