Biking to games

CP Gopher

Reaction score
I took a bike to Target Field last week, and it was pretty easy.
Was wondering if anyone has biked to TCF Stadium on game day.
Are there enough bike racks?
Are they reasonably secure?
I can take Miss. River Blvd. and get to the stadium in about 15 minutes. My group doesn't tailgate. We do the Sally's or Stub & Herb's thing as a pregame.
Is it illegal to bike while slightly intoxicated?

The same rules apply for bikes as cars. However, unless you're visibly impaired, I doubt the police will stop you. I haven't biked to TCF yet, but most likely will this fall. I have biked to Target Field and found ample bicycle parking, but the police weren't happy with me when I rode through the plaza. Luckily I don't look or smell like Critical Mass person, so they just asked me to walk my bike.

There are plenty of bike racks at TCF on the North Side of the stadium and in front across from the barn. I really think it's the best way to get in and get out, especially if you're having a few (dozen) cocktails before the game.

I know someone charged with DUI (or something similar) while on a bicycle. Then again, they fell off their bike after weaving across the street in front of the cop.

I've thought about this too. Coming from St. Paul, I'd probably get on the bike path along the transitway. Making it over to River road and the paths there is also an option. My main concern is getting my bike ripped off. I have a $2K road bike, and unfortunately I unloaded my beater hybrid last year. Bike thefts have always been a problem around the U. You would think it would take someone with cajones to jack a bike from in front of a stadium on game day, but I know someone whose bike got stolen when they rode it to Target field to see a Twins game this spring. Now if they set up a corral with someone watching the bikes (like they do at a lot of organized bike rides) then that issue would go away. Doubt there's enough interest to justify that, though.

As for the DUI thang, I think unless you do something really spastic in front of a cop they're not going to hassle you. I'd be more concerned about all the drivers around you that have been overserved. The other drawback of biking is that there's only some many beverages you can pack into a saddlebag for tailgating. And its really difficult to balance a Weber grill and lawn chairs on the back of my bike. Wish I had kept the Burley we used when my daughter was 4.

The only extra I ever carry is my flask. I usually eat at one of the bars before or after the game.
I also worry about getting the bike ripped off, but two locks should make it pretty secure.

My dad rode to a game last year. You can park on the south side of the stadium and there is a person that monitors the bike racks.

Took mine to a game last year, but had mine securely locked in our tailgate lot. If you got some buddies with a lot near by just park there and party with them.

I'm so tired that I thought this thread said, "Bikini at games." Honestly, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

I biked to games last year, it is fantastic for getting out of the area after the game, and there are ample bike racks around the stadium. I was really pleased they included the racks in the design.

I don't see anything in this thread even closely related to "bikini games".

Fraud!!!!!!!!!

oh, wait, nevermind.

Top Bottom