Big Ten West after Week 4

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
After watching Nebraska find a way to lose another close game I figured it was time to post the look at the Big Ten Weak....I mean West after 4 weeks. West is pretty simple right now in my opinion.

1 - Iowa - Took a bit to get going but eventually took care of business against CSU

2-7 - Everyone Else
Wisconsin - Gets top spot because loses were too good teams but Wisconsin offense looks terrible.
Purdue - I guess they beat Illinois....by 4....yeah
Nebraska - Defense looks solid, offense looks ok, but can always be counted on to find a way to lose creatively
Minnesota - No clue what to make of us at this point. D playing well....offense....yeah not so much.
Northwestern - Beat a bad team, but they don't look good at all
Illinois - beat Nebraska and gave Purdue a fight but they are not good

The West has been super underwhelming to this point in the season. As it stands today I will be shocked if anyone other than Iowa comes out on top in this division. Lot of season left so anything can happen but as of right now the Big Ten West title runs through Iowa City.

Nebraska played a very tough physical game against Mich St., completely dominating the second half, but losing on a TD punt return that sent the game into overtime, where they lost by 3. If today's Minnesota offense meets tonight's Nebraska defense, it will be very bad news for the Gophers.

Iowa sucks, too. You will see this shortly.
They have not been overly impressive but they keep on winning and have clearly been the best of what looks like a really bad division right now.

Nebraska played a very tough physical game against Mich St., completely dominating the second half, but losing on a TD punt return that sent the game into overtime, where they lost by 3. If today's Minnesota offense meets tonight's Nebraska defense, it will be very bad news for the Gophers.
Nebraska's D looks ok but MSU is way overrated. Way we played today it is a tossup against pretty much anyone in the West right now. I think we are better than what we saw today but who knows at this point.

Will be pretty surprised if the winner of the East doesn't win the conference title game again this year.

The West looks pretty even right now. Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, & Nebraska look like they are going to be hard to score on. But Minnesota is missing their top RB & WR. Iowa's OL is a train wreck and their QB isn't much better. Nebraska invents ways to beat themselves. They somehow found a way to lose a game in which their D didn't give up a 1st down in the 2nd half.

Purdue could be trouble on offense if they ever get healthy.
You never know with NW, they could mud it up and 13-10 everyone in this division.

Iowa sucks, too. You will see this shortly.
If Iowa sucks, I wish Minnesota sucked just like them. They win with sound defense and good special teams.

PJ should be taking notes.

But yeah, the B1G west looks like trash, over all.

Top Bottom