Big Ten Tournament Tickets Advance Sale

Holy Man

Reaction score
Did any of you who have purchased tickets to the B1G Tournament get an email from something called Minnesota Sports and Events indicating a pre sale of tickets starting November 27? Public tickets on sale starting November 29.

I've never heard of this outfit, but it sounds like a consortium of the pro teams and other organizations that are involved in hosting sporting events in the metro area and coordinates marketing opportunities and volunteers for the events.

Not surprisingly, when I called the U ticket office, no one knew anything about this group or what they were doing and encouraged me to wait until tickets were available through them sometime in December. True to form, they said they don't know how many tickets, location or anything else about the allocation.

Based on the email address they used, I think they got the information from Ticketmaster.

I'll probably take them up to at least see what they are offering in this advance sale and if the seats are decent. I've been concerned that local demand would make getting lower bowl seats harder than when we have been out of town.

Did any of you who have purchased tickets to the B1G Tournament get an email from something called Minnesota Sports and Events indicating a pre sale of tickets starting November 27? Public tickets on sale starting November 29.

I've never heard of this outfit, but it sounds like a consortium of the pro teams and other organizations that are involved in hosting sporting events in the metro area and coordinates marketing opportunities and volunteers for the events.

Not surprisingly, when I called the U ticket office, no one knew anything about this group or what they were doing and encouraged me to wait until tickets were available through them sometime in December. True to form, they said they don't know how many tickets, location or anything else about the allocation.

Based on the email address they used, I think they got the information from Ticketmaster.

I'll probably take them up to at least see what they are offering in this advance sale and if the seats are decent. I've been concerned that local demand would make getting lower bowl seats harder than when we have been out of town.
And you gave them your social security number
🤦‍♂️🤦🙈🤦‍♀️🤦‍♂️🤦🙈🤦‍♀️🤦‍♂️🤦🤦‍♀️🙈🤦‍♂️🙈🤦‍♀️🤦

I would fully expect season-ticket holders are well taken care with the tournament in Minneapolis. If they dump on us with crappy seats in Minneapolis after all these years of good seats in Chicago & Indy, they’re going to get more than an earful.

I would fully expect season-ticket holders are well taken care with the tournament in Minneapolis. If they dump on us with crappy seats in Minneapolis after all these years of good seats in Chicago & Indy, they’re going to get more than an earful.
Is the the "they" our ticket office or the B1G? My concern is higher demand from locals, putting us with scores in the 2000's out of luck for decent tickets from our department.

Is the the "they" our ticket office or the B1G? My concern is higher demand from locals, putting us with scores in the 2000's out of luck for decent tickets from our department.
They = U of M, and how they allocate tickets to season-ticket holders.

Exactly, Mrs Gil and I plan on going to all sessions and we don't want to sit in the oxygen seats.

The Target Center has no Club Level and I believe has much fewer Lower Bowl seats than the United Center. If there is higher demand from the Gopher Season Ticket holders than say when it's in Indy, I would say your concerns are justified.

On the other hand, more fans from the rest of the conference (expect Iowa and Wisconsin) may pass on the opportunity to head to the Twin Cities based on distance alone, so there's your ray of hope.

The Target Center has no Club Level and I believe has much fewer Lower Bowl seats than the United Center. If there is higher demand from the Gopher Season Ticket holders than say when it's in Indy, I would say your concerns are justified.

On the other hand, more fans from the rest of the conference (expect Iowa and Wisconsin) may pass on the opportunity to head to the Twin Cities based on distance alone, so there's your ray of hope.
Thanks. It looks like the local convention bureau has access to tickets in the lower bowl. I’ll be able to scope those out before needing to order from the U, so it won’t be a roll of the dice.

I wouldn't expect Minnesota fans to be catered to in Minneapolis any more than when it's in Chicago or Indy for Illinois-Northwestern & Purdue-Indiana fans respectively.

Splitting up the lower bowl into 14 slices plus whatever is allotted for sponsors & the convention bureau, hard to say how much inventory there will be for local diehards.

Top Bottom