Big Ten Tournament Bracket Is Set

Northwestern-- Iowa--- Illinois---Wisconsin (?)--

WE'RE NUMBER 1(2)!!!

A couple of preseason publications predicted the Gophers to finish 12th. The team certainly delivered on that estimation of their status.

You know, while McCaffrey has been a pretty good coach at Iowa, his record in the Big Ten tournament is only something like 4-9. So, for a second game matchup, we probably drew as well as we could. Underwood is 1-2. He has a better team at Illinois than he had before but they're in the NCAA tournament regardless and they could have a letdown. The Gophers need to win 3 games to have a chance at the NIT.

I think I heard on the broadcast today that no team has ever made the NCAA tournament after playing in the Wednesday round of the B1G Tournament. Indiana might break that string this year.

5 Games. 5 Days. 5 Wins.

Some inspiration for the Gophers heading into Wednesday. It has been done before.

It can be done. The difference between the teams the Gophers will play the first 3 games is very narrow.

I believe the year UConn and Kemba won that, they went all the way and won the title as welll.

It can be done. The difference between the teams the Gophers will play the first 3 games is very narrow.
This one feels intentional.... gophers played Wisconsin better over 80 minutes than any of the others on this path.

I think I heard on the broadcast today that no team has ever made the NCAA tournament after playing in the Wednesday round of the B1G Tournament. Indiana might break that string this year.

Yes, Indiana possibly could because their overall record is good enough and a two or three wins conceivably could put them there. The conference was strange this year. The top teams weren't so dominant and the two lowest teams were really terrible so those circumstances resulted in enough wins spread around so that most teams had good, or at least fair, conference seasons. 7 of the 14 teams had conference winning percentages between .450 and .550.

After Game 1 in Indy:
1583974849716.png

Indiana currently struggling against an undermanned Nebraska team, 33-29 w/ under 4 left in the 1st. A Nebraska team that had to add 2 FOOTBALL players before the tournament.

And a casual 16-1 run to end the half for IU.

Looks like they're on to face Ohio Sate tomorrow. Bad News though, they won't get this home like atmosphere again.

Top Bottom