Big Ten to be featured on FOX Friday night college football games

There is a difference between a demand and a request.

Saying that this week in October, where there are no Friday HS games, is a week that we can be the Friday game is good for both the U and the Big Ten.
Sure there is and volunteering for a Friday slot MEA weekend might make sense for the reasons you stated. The post I was responding to phrased it like a demand. The image of Coyle marching into the Big Ten offices and saying "we will host on MEA Friday and that’s it" made me laugh.

There is a difference between a demand and a request.

Saying that this week in October, where there are no Friday HS games, is a week that we can be the Friday game is good for both the U and the Big Ten.

Overall, I just don't see how hosting a game on Friday Regularly/Annually would be "good" for the U. It's a logistical nightmare to host a game on a Friday while school is in session.

Sure there is some benefit to being a standalone game, but lots of college football fans around the country are doing other things on Friday nights such as going to HS games. Baseball postseason is also going on during that time.

From the article, it won't be exclusively Big 10 games on Friday night, but also Big 12 and the Mountain West.

Once every 3 years would be plenty fine. 4 or 5 would be even better and more than enough in my book.

Overall, I just don't see how hosting a game on Friday Regularly/Annually would be "good" for the U. It's a logistical nightmare to host a game on a Friday while school is in session.

Sure there is some benefit to being a standalone game, but lots of college football fans around the country are doing other things on Friday nights such as going to HS games. Baseball postseason is also going on during that time.

From the article, it won't be exclusively Big 10 games on Friday night, but also Big 12 and the Mountain West.

Once every 3 years would be plenty fine. 4 or 5 would be even better and more than enough in my book.
Yeah: there is a big difference between saying do this every year and if we have to do it one year, we should give them this date and say it’s the only date we will do it.

I don't know what percentage of college football fans would have any real problem with watching the college game instead of a high school game on fridays? I would guess >20% I often see people at youth sports watching NFL or college games on their phones. People tune in no matter what, I'm sure the network has done the research.

Top Bottom