Big Ten only statistical leaders

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
I like this metric as it doesn't allow a guy to have a 250 yard rushing game against University of Eastern Idaho and have some crazy stats. Yes, not all B1G teams are equal but its at least the same conference.

https://bigten.org/confstats.aspx/2019-20/fb/confonly?path=football#indiv

Of note:
Rodney Smith is 2nd in the conference in rushing yards (less attempts than #1 and #3)
Tanner Morgan is 5th in the conference in passing yards (less attempts than all but 1 QB on the list)
Morgan leads the conference in passing efficiency
Kamal Martin 9th in tackles (played 1 less game than all others near him)
AWJ leads the conference in interceptions with 4

I like this metric as it doesn't allow a guy to have a 250 yard rushing game against University of Eastern Idaho and have some crazy stats. Yes, not all B1G teams are equal but its at least the same conference.

Of note:
Rodney Smith is 2nd in the conference in rushing yards (less attempts than #1 and #3)
Tanner Morgan is 5th in the conference in passing yards (less attempts than all but 1 QB on the list)

To me, this is truly amazing stuff.

Has Minnesota ever been ranked this high in so many B1G statistical categories?

Of note:

I noticed that Penn State is one of the highest penalized teams on the list. that could really help us with field position, and help us if we start stalling on drives, if they don’t clean up their game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, doofus question here. But how is "passing efficiency" calculated?

NCAA Passer Rating = ((8.4 x Passing Yards) + (330 x Touchdown Passes) + (100 x Number of Completions) – (200 x Interceptions)) / Passing Attempts

No doubt Morgan’s numbers would be even better if he had needed to throw in the 2nd half for the
last month.

Will be interesting to see how this will hold up after the difficult part of our schedule. If it does it probably means we are in the big ten championship game.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom