Big Ten Network

Gophers09

Reaction score
Does it seem to others that in past years the Big Ten Network was more concerned with airing games at different times than they are this year? As someone living in Ohio its frustrating when the Gophers are one of three games at noon and aren't aired here as has occurred multiple times this year. Why not spread the games out and draw more viewers (as I feel they did last year)? Just wondering if anyone else had noticed this.

Why not use the auxiliary channels. What else are they for?

I think it is more to do with ESPN family of networks. They traditionally had taken one game for ESPN and another for ESPN2 at 11am. Then, there was a 2:30pm ABC game, occasionally a 7pm national prime time game, and that left 1 or 2 for the 11am slot during conference play for the Big Ten Network.

Now, that ESPN is in bed with the ACC and NASCAR, you're seeing one of those ESPN/ESPN2 games at 11am now an ACC game or the Saturday NASCAR Nationwide Race (as is the case tomorrow).

That leaves more for BTN, and really it has nothing to do with BTN. They cannot place a game at 2:30pm and the Big Ten won't allow night games in November.

I get up to 3 B10 Network games on the alt channels on Dish at the same time, tomorrows game is on 9502 I believe.

Top Bottom