Big Ten Network time saver pro tip

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
If you are hungry for coverage of the division-leading Golden Gopher football team on the conference’s flagship network, but you also want to save a little time, I recommend the following tip that works really well:

Just set your DVR to record only the last 15 minutes of shows like “B1G Today” or “The B1G Show” and then you will only need to fast forward through field hockey and soccer stories and interviews to see your rodent gridiron heroes.

If you are hungry for coverage of the division-leading Golden Gopher football team on the conference’s flagship network, but you also want to save a little time, I recommend the following tip that works really well:

Just set your DVR to record only the last 15 minutes of shows like “B1G Today” or “The B1G Show” and then you will only need to fast forward through field hockey and soccer stories and interviews to see your rodent gridiron heroes.

You're saying that the B1G network folks haven't caught Gold Rush Fever yet?

That's okay. I love it when they get surprised. They get that look — like they just had a bucket of ice water dumped over their heads. It's priceless.

Last edited:

Those dummies never once ran the 60 minute version of our game vs NW. All other games were shown 5+ times.
I saw that and was frustrated by it to. Wanted to re-watch because we were there and you miss a lot in person. Thought maybe it was carried by fox or something, but no it ran on b10 network just can't squeeze it in for an hour in a week

Like Joe Schmidt on Sports Wrap

Yep Schnauzer, figured that out for sure last week. The pattern was already set but just thought maybe it might be an illusion.

To be fair to BTN we weren't ranked so by that metric we're end-of-the-show reporting.

That said, we should now be at least 1/2 way through the show now that we've made the CFP top 20. :p

Those dummies never once ran the 60 minute version of our game vs NW. All other games were shown 5+ times.
They haven't responded to my email either.

Minnesota TV ratings:

Maryland Game = .28 with 533k households.
Nebraska Game = .78 with 1.062 million households
Purdue game = 413k households
OSU game = 3.5 = 6.5 million households (most watched opening Thursday game on record)

The Nebraska game on ESPN2 is the second highest rated games ESPN2 has had this year and the other game was in week 1. However, outside of that MN other games didn't even show ratings. I am just sharing because ultimately viewership dictates what gets shown on any Network. We prove when we play someone important people seem to watch. However, the game on ESPN2 with Maryland is one of the lower rated 3:30pm time slot games ESPN2 has had this year. Georgia played Birmingham in the same time slot on the same network in week 2 and they doubled the number of households watching. Bottom line, the causual MN fan does not turn in to watch Gopher football live. This makes it hard to justify reruns when we also play a fan base that does the same. I think it will change in the near future.

I saw that and was frustrated by it to. Wanted to re-watch because we were there and you miss a lot in person. Thought maybe it was carried by fox or something, but no it ran on b10 network just can't squeeze it in for an hour in a week
I recorded video to do my OL analysis and the last half of the 4th quarter got cut off. Went to BTN, FOX and ESPN to see if they had the full game, but found nothing. Did an online search and found this full game replay.

Gophers vs. Northwestern

Minnesota TV ratings:

OSU game = 3.5 = 6.5 million households (most watched opening Thursday game on record)

The Nebraska game on ESPN2 is the second highest rated games ESPN2 has had this year and the other game was in week 1. However, outside of that MN other games didn't even show ratings. I am just sharing because ultimately viewership dictates what gets shown on any Network. We prove when we play someone important people seem to watch. However, the game on ESPN2 with Maryland is one of the lower rated 3:30pm time slot games ESPN2 has had this year. Georgia played Birmingham in the same time slot on the same network in week 2 and they doubled the number of households watching. Bottom line, the causual MN fan does not turn in to watch Gopher football live. This makes it hard to justify reruns when we also play a fan base that does the same. I think it will change in the near future.
BTN viewership for random non revenue sports has to be pretty low... but they still do it.

I recorded video to do my OL analysis and the last half of the 4th quarter got cut off. Went to BTN, FOX and ESPN to see if they had the full game, but found nothing. Did an online search and found this full game replay.

Gophers vs. Northwestern
Someone told me that you can do a youtube search and get the whole game on youtube. Haven't tried that but seems like you can find everything you want and lots of stuff you don't want on youtube!

Couldn't find the game but here is a video that is 8:25 of highlights to the Northwestern game

Minnesota TV ratings:

Super interesting. It's safe to say that the casual MN sports fan. . . dink.

I've seen that BTN posts their B1G Today show on YouTube with links to each segment.
I usually scroll through the video to see if there is any MN mentions and in recent weeks they've talked a lot about the Gophers. We have appeared in the Top 5 segment the past 2 weeks:

Lots of talk about MN being the most consistent team (taking out the BGSU anomaly) in the West and possibly the B1G.

You're saying that the B1G network folks haven't caught Gold Rush Fever yet?

That's okay. I love it when they get surprised. They get that look — like they just had a bucket of ice water dumped over their heads. It's priceless.
Gary DiNardo thinks Mason is still our coach

Top Bottom