Big Ten Homecoming Games 2021

Looks to me that there are just 'a lot' of people that like to b*tch about nothing. Geezus folks...you need to get a life.

Homecoming is mainly a marketing tool. It makes sense to use it on a game where you're going to struggle to sell tickets.

Looks to me that there are just 'a lot' of people that like to b*tch about nothing. Geezus folks...you need to get a life.

The point was not to b*tch. The point was I thought this program was past the need to pick a patsy for Homecoming. In PJ I trust but if the goal is the Quick Lane bowl I will be disappointed.

Who picks homecoming dates?

Is it a coach's call? I doubt it.

I may be wrong but I believe the schedules are made far in advance but the homecoming game is chosen close to the beginning of the season.
It would be interesting to know by whom and when such a lame game was chosen for homecoming.

I mean, who cares who the homecoming game is? I’m sure they want a game they can put a bunch of maroon clad folks in the stands with cheap tickets, not let a fan base like Nebraska buy 80% of them and ruin the entire concept

I'm just worried about who's going to chaperone the homecoming dance. Young kids these days might bring in substances to put in the punch bowl......... Like Mad Dog 2020.

I mean, who cares who the homecoming game is?
I would like it to be a lower end Big Ten team, and not a MAC team. Let the win be that meaningful, at least. But that's my arbitrary preference, that doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

I mean, who cares who the homecoming game is? I’m sure they want a game they can put a bunch of maroon clad folks in the stands with cheap tickets, not let a fan base like Nebraska buy 80% of them and ruin the entire concept
Yeah I'm not sure anyone...cares what game homecoming is outside scheduling convince.

What even happens?

I'll start by saying that I did not attend the U but I have been a season ticket holder for the past 16 years. Does the average fan even care when Homecoming is? Maybe I am oblivious, but I usually don't even know when Homecoming is until about halftime or a break in the game I am at and they have an alumni band playing...
If you lived at Middlebrook your freshman year, you knew when homecoming was. Otherwise, outside of the Greek community, no one gives a damn about homecoming here.

Top Bottom