Big Ten Football: Ranking the Transfer Classes for 2022 (#5. Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Athlon:

5. Minnesota
Key Additions:
OL Chuck Filiaga; OL Quinn Carroll; DL Chris Smith; DL Lorenza Surgers; CB Beanie Bishop; DB Ryan Stapp

Key Losses: QB Zack Annexstad; RB Ky Thomas; RB Cam Wiley; WR Brady Boyd; TE Austin Henderson; OL Curtis Dunlap; DL Darnell Jefferies; DL Rashad Cheney; DL MJ Anderson; LB James Gordon IV; LB Jaqwondis Burns; K Jacob Lewis

The line of scrimmage was a focal point in the portal for the Golden Gophers. Carroll and Filiaga should push for starting roles with Minnesota losing four key cogs up front. Smith and Surgers reinforce a defensive line losing three starters, while Bishop arrives in Minneapolis after recording 43 tackles and three interceptions at WKU in ’21.

Go Gophers!!

and Stapp, the guy most talked about by staff, doesn't get anything more than his name.

and Stapp, the guy most talked about by staff, doesn't get anything more than his name.
I'm sure the larger media outlets have to be careful about how much they buy into coach hype.

PJ & Co ... I trust they're right about Stapp.

But some coaches talk big about players and nothing ever happens. I remember Kill talking up his WRs one year ...

They rank Michigan state one for replacing a heisman candidate with the third string wisconsin back

Did we really lose 3 starters on the D-line? If so,, does anybody have an idea why all 3 left. That seems like kind of a big deal. Thanks.

Did we really lose 3 starters on the D-line? If so,, does anybody have an idea why all 3 left. That seems like kind of a big deal. Thanks.
We lost DEs Mafe and Otomewo to the NFL draft. We lost DT Pinckney to graduation and probable NFL UDFA. That is a big deal … and a huge positive for the program. And entirely normal and desired for successful programs.

Mafe, Otomwo (sp?) and Dew-Treadway......all hoping to play on Sundays.....

you are joking right?

Mafe, Pinckney, Otomewo ring a bell? Draft, graduation, draft

We lost DEs Mafe and Otomewo to the NFL draft. We lost DT Pinckney to graduation and probable NFL UDFA. That is a big deal … and a huge positive for the program. And entirely normal and desired for successful programs.
Oh. I misread that. I thought he meant we lost three starters to the portal. Thank you.

Darnell Jefferies is already leaving before ever playing here? :cool:
I like how Carroll and Filiaga decided to move up a level from their previous stops. Too bad Jefferies left too soon to do the same.......

I’m just surprised that we ranked higher than 12th on an Athlon list for once.

Top Bottom