Big Game Boomer: Way-Too-Early Big 10 Predictions

ergopher

Reaction score
BGB has had some abhorrent sports opinions over the years, but he's given us more respect here than a lot of other ranking predictions have.

It's my personal belief
1. Wi
2. MN
3. Neb
4. Iowa.

Nebby and wi will be so much better......

Ranking teams RN is so dumb because kids are still transferring, we don't even know who will be on everyones team next year

Ranking B1G West football teams:
1. Gophers
Wisconsin
Iowa
4. Nebraska
5. Illinois
6. Purdue
7. Notthwestern

Ranking the B1G West Schedules: (easiest to hardest)

1. Wisconsin - Wash St., OSU, Rutgers, Indiana
2. Illinois - Kansas, PSU, MD, Indiana
3. Iowa - ISU, PSU, MSU, Rutgers
4. Northwestern - Duke, PSU, MD, Rutgers
5. Nebraska - Colorado, Michigan, MSU, MD
6. Purdue - Va Tech, Syracuse, Michigan, OSU, Indiana
7. Minnesota - UNC, Michigan, OSU, MSU

Gophers might have the toughest out of division schedule in the B1G.

Wisconsin’s schedule is pretty cake.

You could make an argument that Purdue’s schedule is worse but they do get Indiana.

Final Standings:

1. Iowa
2. Wisconsin
3. Minnesota
4. Illinois
5. Nebraska
6. Northwestern
7. Purdue

I could see Iowa running the regular season or having 4 loses but until somebody beats them they are my first choice.

Last edited:

Other than penciling in Purdue and Northwestern on the bottom, the rest could go so many different ways. I will say that NEB will not win the west but could be better than 5th.

1. Gophers.
2. Iowa
3. Wisconsin
4. Nebraska
5. All the rest. They won’t matter.

BGB = take a dump in your hand, fling it at the wall, take a picture of what happens, throw it up on Twitter, call it a day.

It's my personal belief
1. Wi
2. MN
3. Neb
4. Iowa.

Nebby and wi will be so much better......
Wisconsin is going to have their worst season since 2001

Power run personnel to spread offense.
Odd front to even front.
Ball control to air raid.

And they were already talent deficient. They did get a QB who led his team to a 7-6 record in the American and whose best win was over 8-5 Houston. And in his 6 losses he had 7 touchdowns and 7 interceptions. Those stats are so good we might as well call him grahm Mertz.

Wisconsin is going to have their worst season since 2001

Power run personnel to spread offense.
Odd front to even front.
Ball control to air raid.

And they were already talent deficient. They did get a QB who led his team to a 7-6 record in the American and whose best win was over 8-5 Houston. And in his 6 losses he had 7 touchdowns and 7 interceptions. Those stats are so good we might as well call him grahm Mertz.
They also have the best coach in the west..... Don't let wiscy catch you sleeping.. just my opinion...

They also have the best coach in the west..... Don't let wiscy catch you sleeping.. just my opinion...
He's not the best coach in the west until he wins the west. We've all seen this movie before. Scott Frost, Jimbo Fisher, et al. Winning at one program does not mean you will do well at the next.

And even great coaches need years to build their programs. We won't know if he was a good hire until 2026.

They’re going to be national champions every year!
Even though they were a mediocre team with a coach who is pretty good last year

How’s his record against power 5 teams in his head coaching career?

It’s 11-13

And who cares if they catch me napping. Don’t let him catch you with your nose up his butt

Best Team in the West = Minnesota
They easily have the most questions answered as far as total team. Key returners coming back and new starters showed competency when they got playing time.

Team that wins the West - Anyone's guess

Wisconsin - with new coach, new talent and returning defensive talent they have enough pieces they could be really solid. Their returning OL could be a force, but outside of that a complete mystery.

Iowa - they are the team I think is most likely to win. They have a solid defense and brought in enough on Offense.

Nebraska - Brought in a ton of talent, but a poor base to start with. Playing them early will be hard, as it will be really difficult to figure out what Rhule does with this bunch.

Illinois, Purdue and NW: I really don't see these as a threat. Illinois lost to much talent and don't believe they will recover, Purdue lost a ton and NW will be good but not next year.

Top Bottom