Big East counters, hires Tagliabue

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
This is going to get juicy, all the major conferences wheeling and dealing. Should be fun to watch it all unfold. Notre Dame holds the key to the whole thing. The Irish have always been my first choice for further Big Ten expansion, but unless they agree to become a full member (read: no independence in football), I trust Delany will hold firm and politely say, "Screw you."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5122951

I don't care if the Big East hires Moses...it's about money and the BTN is huge and growing.

You can't go wrong hiring Tagliabue. Maybe the Big 10 can counter and bring on Faye Vincent as a consultant. Then again, that'd be like hiring Joel Maturi to counter Jeremy Foley.

I think that says alot about how uneasy the Big East feels about there future and B10 expansion.

Personally I think the Big East is still going be there as a major conference after everything shakes out, unless the B10 decides to raid the Big East for all there best teams. Not going to happen IMO.

I think that says alot about how uneasy the Big East feels about there future and B10 expansion.

Personally I think the Big East is still going be there as a major conference after everything shakes out, unless the B10 decides to raid the Big East for all there best teams. Not going to happen IMO.

Agree, I think that the Big East will end up fine no matter how everything shakes out. I think the colleges left in the Big 12 after the dust settles are going to be the ones in trouble.

Top Bottom