Big 10 / 20 Game Schedule / Net

Ope3

Reaction score

I thought he made a big mistake in not pointing out the obvious. If your league performs poorly in NC play (ACC is also playing 20 this year), it can have a huge negative effect.

The only issue I had going into the move to 20 is that it puts that much more pressure on those limited NC games. The B1G was fortunate that Michigan and OhioSt in particular and the league as a whole in the ACC & Gavitt games got some great results.

Having DePaul sweep 3 games, Purdue lose to Marquette & Butler, Wisconsin lose to StMarys, Richmond, NewMexico could have sunk the league without others performing well.

Overall, I agree with Painter. Having 2 league games replacing even 1 "buy" and 1 decent game should improve the overall placement of the league. Just thought if writing that article, Norlander should have looked at the ACC as well.

I thought he made a big mistake in not pointing out the obvious. If your league performs poorly in NC play (ACC is also playing 20 this year), it can have a huge negative effect.

The only issue I had going into the move to 20 is that it puts that much more pressure on those limited NC games. The B1G was fortunate that Michigan and OhioSt in particular and the league as a whole in the ACC & Gavitt games got some great results.

Having DePaul sweep 3 games, Purdue lose to Marquette & Butler, Wisconsin lose to StMarys, Richmond, NewMexico could have sunk the league without others performing well.

Overall, I agree with Painter. Having 2 league games replacing even 1 "buy" and 1 decent game should improve the overall placement of the league. Just thought if writing that article, Norlander should have looked at the ACC as well.

Completely agree. The 20 game schedule has doubled the importance of the non-conference. If the Big Ten doesn't perform well before January, then the league will have backed itself into a corner like the ACC did this year.

What really sucks is that if you play in one of those 8 team tourneys, expecting to get 2 good games, but lose the opener you can completely screw up your numbers. Nebraska when they went 13-5 lost the opener to UCF (in Tampa) and instead of playing Cincinnati and St John's, got LongBeachSt & Marist.

With only 11 NC games possible and several games determined by TV (Gavitt, ACC), the number of games you have control over is tiny.

Completely agree. The 20 game schedule has doubled the importance of the non-conference. If the Big Ten doesn't perform well before January, then the league will have backed itself into a corner like the ACC did this year.

I wonder how much of a ripple effect there would have been to the Big 10/ACC if No Carolina had beat Michigan and Ohio State, instead of getting throttled.

Top Bottom