Best defensive performance at Iowa since '89...

You are correct - fewest points allowed in Iowa City since 1989. Even if you incorporate all games in the series, it's the second-fewest allowed since that 1989 game (the one better would be the 7 allowed in a 49-7 win in 1998 at the Metrodome).

Was Iowa starting their backup QB in 1989? Did they have their first-string RB out due to injury in 1989?

Was Iowa starting their backup QB in 1989? Did they have their first-string RB out due to injury in 1989?

Were they a top ten team in the country? Were they on their way to a BCS-caliber bowl?

Worst offensive performance in IC since......................EVER?!?!?!?!

Good lord! Yep your right, give the defense no credit for shutting down a top 10 BCS team.
Yep your right, the Qb that was brilliant against OSU at the shoe was sure a downgrade to their starter.
Yep your right, a first string RB that actually hadn't taken a snap at first string, would have plowed our D, no mention of the all time leading freshman rusher that we shut down and knocked out of the game.

Nobody can take anything away from our defense on Sat. Not even a whiny alumni association member like you.

We wouldn't want to acknowledge any of the positives in the program because that would get in the way of the whining.

it is amazing to me how people want to use Iowas back up qb and rb as a barometer as why the defense played well
yet the same group do not want to give Minnesota credit for having freshman and sophs at receiver and on the o line .. seems like double standard to me....

plus you play who lines up against you....

Iowas line was heralded as the best in the big ten..... they played..

the defense that was suppose to be so great...... they played...

please give it a rest

Perhaps the most valiant performance in the history of the program.

I wept.

it is amazing to me how people want to use Iowas back up qb and rb as a barometer as why the defense played well
yet the same group do not want to give Minnesota credit for having freshman and sophs at receiver and on the o line .. seems like double standard to me....

plus you play who lines up against you....

Iowas line was heralded as the best in the big ten..... they played..

the defense that was suppose to be so great...... they played...

please give it a rest

For some reason, their are people who want the Gophs and Brewster to fail...doesn't make sense to me either.

For some reason, their are people who want the Gophs and Brewster to fail...doesn't make sense to me either.
I don't think anyone here wants the Gophers to fail outside of the Wisconsin/Iowa/etc fans that inexplicably post here.

that backup QB led the hawkeyes to 24 points in columbus the week before.

Were they a top ten team in the country? Were they on their way to a BCS-caliber bowl?

It's a legit question. Who was starting for Iowa in 1989? Who was the RB in 1989?

The 1989 Iowa team finished 5-6 & 3-5 in Conference Play.......

Top Bottom