Benny Sapp enters transfer portal

Bummer to see him go, but the mulitple knee surgeries, he never really got back to playing ability. Wishing him all the best. TIming seems odd, but good luck with everything!

Not surprising. He didn't see any playing time against Michigan and didn't seem to be in Rossi's plans.

Like it or not, teams will need significant numbers of players transferring every year if they want to keep signing large recruiting classes.

Shame it hasn't worked out for him here, hopefully he can find a better fit somewhere else.

They went with Nubin, the highest rated player in our 2019 class (4* 90 according to 247's own eval), and that was pretty much that. Sapp wants to play. Good luck to him!!

Love to see us sign the MN Kids but it for a variety of reasons he was not getting any PT. Best of luck to him.

Hope he finds a place to contribute. I have zero inside knowledge, but it was clear he was pretty far down the depth chart which leads me to believe he'll probably end up at a lower level.

I too was very excited when he signed up to play here. Obviously hasn't worked out and wish him nothing but the best.

I wonder if Sapp was the third player Fleck mentioned who wasn't in the program.

That stinks when injuries derail a kid with his amount of potential. Hope he lands in a good situation and can get back to full speed.

well you'd imagine he'll see the field there. best of luck to the young man

Top Bottom