Ben Johnson Post-Game on KFAN - Talks about the last Butler possession, players and how they don't want it to end

GopherLady

Reaction score
Here are my notes from the post-game interview on KFAN, they are not verbatim, just typing as fast as I can!

Ben Johnson: It felt like a true road game for sure. It's great to get a win on the road against a team that's hungry, like we were. We did a pretty good job of taking care of the ball.

Last 4 mins: We just talked about, we've gotta be better at closing, winning plays…now it can't be selfish ball, because we're not a selfish team.

NIT Experience: Well that's what we just talked about, I want to think big picture, we want to do our best to keep winning and playing, continue to play for a championship. That's important to our growth. Guys don't know what they have until it's gone, so my message to them is they're thinking "oh, I don't want to do this" but when it's gone, you realize, "I woulda, shoulda, coulda." He mentioned that he saw the Butler players hanging their heads, realizing it was their last game.

Dawson from the start just played with intent and drove it. He had a will, you could tell he wanted to win the right way, not a selfish part about him, E was the same way.

Elijah - 15 assists, his numbers were really good…as he goes, we go. When he plays really well, there's a calmness to our team.

This kind of game, you can't simulate that in practice, but to get it in a game environment where there's game pressure helps us grow.

On not fouling on the last Butler possession: We tried to foul in the front court and we couldn't get it. We tried to get the steal. With 1.8 it was too little time to foul. Braden did a great job on the D on the last shot.

Parker Fox - Make the decision hard for me (to not take you out). An older guy that doesn't want it to end, when a guy is playing like that, it's hard to take him out.

Top Bottom