Ben J. Coaching Style

watertown 1987 guy n

Reaction score
Does anyone have an interesting view on the type of coach he will be? What type of player was he, I just don’t remember. Was he a knock dead defender - seems players that love to defend demand it of their players when they coach. Offensive style?

Well he has never been a head coach so hopefully he has a plan. Already had a coach with no plan. Was recently hired to coach in New Mexico.

He may have been a too 100 recruit, but he was never a difference-maker on the court for us. He was OK, not great. Let’s hope he can be a dynamic coach who has learned more from studying the game than who he has worked for.

The coaches he has worked for all have different styles.

It's impossible to say much about what the potential identity could be of his teams. We, literally, have nothing to work with.

He may have been a too 100 recruit, but he was never a difference-maker on the court for us. He was OK, not great. Let’s hope he can be a dynamic coach who has learned more from studying the game than who he has worked for.
He was no Lindsay Whalen for those comparing him to her.

I would love if he could develop a team with the free throw shooting of ORU and the offense of Loyola Chic. As for Pitino, when he told Marcus to "go get 40" during a game I thought that is the dumbest thing ever. And allowing Marcus to dribble around for 20 seconds is also the dumbest thing. What good does him dribbling do? How about running some plays?????????????

I am sure it will be an offense with wings of 25% 3 point shooters and a bunch of other guys that don't move on offense, while the PG dribbles around and takes wild shots quite often. That's been the Gopher's offense ever since Clem left. Why would it change now? Especially under a guy who played that way for the team under Monson...

Top Bottom