Before this season...

touchdownvikings

Reaction score
Before this season, I compiled a histogram analysis of Sean Tyler's carries from the previous year. And I noted that he had a tendency to carry for negative yards, but also had a significant capacity to go all the way.

I was challenged about the losing yards observation, and i responded that he has a tendency to try to dip around the edge defender to get to the edge. And he gets caught in the backfield. Undoubtedly, this he has this tendency because he is fast and talented in the open field, and knows as much. Also, the times he has stupendous success outweigh (in his mind) the times he loses yards. Problem is that he gets caught and loses yards more often than he goes all the way. This is an undisciplined high school level mistake.

Well... on the final drive of the game (prior to over time) -- when the Gophers could have won, and only needed 2 yards, what did Tyler do? Attempt to dip around the end, and he lost a yard. And Fleck has called that out, because he had 2 yards easily available. This is the peril of an undisciplined home run hitter.

Top Bottom