Before fall camp - quick parking/shuttle question (State Fair)

DillonPGP

Reaction score
Some friends are coming in who won't have parking access near the stadium. I know that the West Bank shuttle has been discontinued, but what about the State Fair lot.

Are there enough shuttles on the transitway to make it a convenient place to park? Or is the wait to load up before and (especially) after the game very frustrating?

Appreciate any insight from those who have parked/shuttled from S108 at the State Fair.

Thanks,

This isn't an answer to your question, but consider the East River Flats. Best spot for tailgating IMO.

This isn't an answer to your question, but consider the East River Flats. Best spot for tailgating IMO.

I heard the parking lot is no longer there and is now has six Starbucks in its place. ;)

I have been at the Fairgrounds lot for the past two years and I love it. Plenty of room and you can't beat the price of $10 which includes parking/tailgating and the bus ride to and from TCF. Plenty of buses lined up both ways. The longest I have had to wait for a ride over to TCF has been less than 3 minutes and coming back 15 minutes (the line moves quickly).

We did the Fairgrounds once last year as we met friends for the NDSU game. We waited 45 minutes in line to catch the shuttle on the way back. Glad it wasn't raining.

The NDSU game last year was an aberration, due to the thousands of Bison fans swarming the lot. Usually the wait in line for a bus before the game is 10-15 minutes. After the game, it's around 20-25 minutes.

I may have missed something....the West Bank shuttle has been discontinued?

The NDSU game last year was an aberration, due to the thousands of Bison fans swarming the lot. Usually the wait in line for a bus before the game is 10-15 minutes. After the game, it's around 20-25 minutes.

This. The NDSU game was definitely out of the norm due to the lot being partially rented out by the Bison. You have nothing to fear from the St. Paul lot. It's a pretty good setup.

I may have missed something....the West Bank shuttle has been discontinued?

Yes but the campus connector will take its place. Not sure if it will be as frequent or reliable but I don't think the U would put something in place that would put a lot of old people out because they will get a lot of sh$? If the bus isn't convienant or on time.

This. The NDSU game was definitely out of the norm due to the lot being partially rented out by the Bison. You have nothing to fear from the St. Paul lot. It's a pretty good setup.

Agree. We've been there since the stadium opened and after the first couple games (with the exception of NDSU) it's been pretty smooth.

Usually we grab a beer somewhere on campus after the game and let the line go down after. Getting there is usually barely any line.

Biggest complaint on going back to fairgrounds was the wait. Normally not a problem but with young kids who just "watched" a football game, the wait is painful.

Top Bottom