Beach ball incident

oak_street1981

Reaction score
Was anyone from the GH close for the big beach ball incident at MTSU? I figured that unless I missed it earlier, the "incident" deserves its own thread.

I was squatting up by the "luxury suite" where the MTSU big good old boy drinking Michelob Ultras was constantly bellowing about everything. All of a sudden I saw the older Gopher fan grab the beach ball that was flying into the UM section, deflate it, then throw it down to the ground.

After that oaf #1 ran over to confont the Gopher fan who was probably three times his age and 2/3 his weight. Yokel #2 soon joined him, then Barney Fife and his junior officer invervened and hauled out the agressors. The perps resisted a bit, so maybe Murphysboros finest gave them a MPLS officer Mike Sauro baton beatdown under the grandstand.

The remaining MTSU fans from the area where the two ejected fans came, continued to bellow in the general direction of the Gopher section until we held the ball for the rest of the game and scored the finalTD. They then quietly left.

Please share any stories from a closer perspective if you care to.

Was anyone from the GH close for the big beach ball incident at MTSU? I figured that unless I missed it earlier, the "incident" deserves its own thread.

I was squatting up by the "luxury suite" where the MTSU big good old boy drinking Michelob Ultras was constantly bellowing about everything. All of a sudden I saw the older Gopher fan grab the beach ball that was flying into the UM section, deflate it, then throw it down to the ground.

After that oaf #1 ran over to confont the Gopher fan who was probably three times his age and 2/3 his weight. Yokel #2 soon joined him, then Barney Fife and his junior officer invervened and hauled out the agressors. The perps resisted a bit, so maybe Murphysboros finest gave them a MPLS officer Mike Sauro baton beatdown under the grandstand.

The remaining MTSU fans from the area where the two ejected fans came, continued to bellow in the general direction of the Gopher section until we held the ball for the rest of the game and scored the finalTD. They then quietly left.

Please share any stories from a closer perspective if you care to.

I was not there however that would have been effing hilarious!:clap::clap:

I was about 7-8 rows behind it and Oaf #2 pretty much pushed the guy and then the police stepped it. If anyone was there and sitting near there, one of his other buddies with long shaggy hair who was wasted was mouthing off the entire game to the Gopher fans.

I was sitting to the left. It was pretty intense the way the cop grab the MTSU idiots by the shirt and threw them. It stopped any escalation quickly.

That escalated quickly.
I saw that. Brick killed a guy. Did you throw a trident?
Brick Tamland: Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.

That escalated quickly.
I saw that. Brick killed a guy. Did you throw a trident?
Brick Tamland: Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.

Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should probably find a safe place and lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.

It was so damn hot in Murfreesboro! - MILK WAS A BAD CHOICE!!!!!!

we were one section towards the endzone and had a great view of the scuffle. Those dudes from MTSU were drunker than a skunk, if security wouldn't have stepped in I think there would have been a pretty good fist-a-cuffs going on.

It was so damn hot in Murfreesboro! - MILK WAS A BAD CHOICE!!!!!!

speaking of it being hot, did anyone catch on the ESPNU broadcast when the rapping color commentator mentioned something to the effect of "88 degrees is one thing, but anytime the humidity gets above 30% it's a sticky day"? I laughed so hard at that. Weren't our guys practicing the entire month of August in 85 degree heat with 60-70% humidity?

Why wasn't ChinaGopher there to lead the resistance?

Top Bottom