Barreiro endorses Belotti

Triple D

Reaction score
On today's show....he had Mason on and Mason said he didn't know if an older guy like Belotti would want to move away from Oregon and uproot his family at this stage in his life, but who knows.

I don't know if it changes anything, but he is divorced and only has one kid who is under the age of 24.

I don't know if it changes anything, but he is divorced and only has one kid who is under the age of 24.

He's divorced? We don't want someone with those kinds of morals! ;) Kidding. I whole-heartedly endorse Belotti as well, so I agree with Barriero for a change. He's my #2 choice behind Richt who may not be realistic.

Here I was liking Bellotti too

but now that Barreiro endorses him I may have to look at my options!!!

And

about two years ago he and his wife were getting ready to reconcile. Not sure if it happened. The reason given in the first place for the problems was his time away from the job from coaching.. So if they have reconciled you would have to wonder if he would go back to coaching.

Barreiro endorses Belotti

Whatever Dan Barreiro says really makes my pee-pee tingle.

I was listening. I didn't think of it as a ringing endorsement, but more of a "would he do it?"

Bellotti and Golden are my 1 and 1A.

Had to chuckle a bit at Mason. He's done a 180 in the personal warmth department since leaving coaching. It's the first time I've heard that segment and thought Mason did a good job. Of course, he did give Michigan State some bulletin board material.

Belotti and Leach...cross them off the list of potential coaches.

I heard it too, Barreiro also said something about not wanting Leach because he stuffed that kid in a cooler.... It was a joke, I guess...

It's amazing when a reporter can really not be in the wrong yet comes out of an article sounding completely like an ass. That's talent.

It has also been rumored that the former Mrs. Belotti engaged in extra curriculars on occasion with some of the players. I give Belotti for putting up with that train wreck of a wife for as long as he did.

I would love to see this lunatic up here as a coach's wife. If Mrs. D
Brewster had been this psycho (and/or drunk) Reusse would have been a dead man!

I know there is a Mrs. Brewster, but I can't ever recall seeing her (not that we should expect that). Yeah, sounds like the then-Mrs. Bellotti was something else, but why did the reporter write about the DUIs in the first place?

Had to chuckle a bit at Mason. He's done a 180 in the personal warmth department since leaving coaching. It's the first time I've heard that segment and thought Mason did a good job. Of course, he did give Michigan State some bulletin board material.

I was listening too. The best part of the segment had to be when Mason said he was not sure if Belotti would want to come to Minnesota after spending so much time coaching on the west coast... then Barreiro said to Mason, "now you are starting to sound like Joel Maturl." Mason quickly fires back, "can I change my answer then?"

I almost drove off the road I was laughing so hard.

Agree with you guys about Mason showing a bit more personality, warmth if you will. It's much easier being yourself when you're not getting kicked in the nads by local media at every turn. They treated him like doggy doo for most of his tenure, some of it deserved. He's much more open and relaxed now.

Agree with you guys about Mason showing a bit more personality, warmth if you will. It's much easier being yourself when you're not getting kicked in the nads by local media at every turn. They treated him like doggy doo for most of his tenure, some of it deserved. He's much more open and relaxed now.

I've always contended that there were two football coaches--Denny Green and Glen Mason--who could have had all of Minnesota eating out of their hands had they just not enrolled in the Tom Kelly School of Charm and Etiquette upon moving here.

Both are smart guys and solid football guys, but they just were too darn defensive.

Could Dan Barreiro name 4 players on the Gophers football team?

He mentioned McKnight and Weber yesterday, so he's halfway there. I think he knows who Gray is, but he might have to consult Gaardsie for the fourth.

I've always contended that there were two football coaches--Denny Green and Glen Mason--who could have had all of Minnesota eating out of their hands had they just not enrolled in the Tom Kelly School of Charm and Etiquette upon moving here.

Both are smart guys and solid football guys, but they just were too darn defensive.

Tome Kelly School of Charm and Etiquette. :clap: Funny. Ironically though, I've never heard anyone have a problem with TK and most of the media loved him. He certainly didn't have charm, but he wasn't defensive or arrogant as both Mason and Denny were. When the teams were good he didn't shoot his mouth off and when they were bad, he said so. I think that's all most people want.

Besides who cares who Dan endorses as he would say “he is not one of us” .

Tome Kelly School of Charm and Etiquette. :clap: Funny. Ironically though, I've never heard anyone have a problem with TK and most of the media loved him. He certainly didn't have charm, but he wasn't defensive or arrogant as both Mason and Denny were. When the teams were good he didn't shoot his mouth off and when they were bad, he said so. I think that's all most people want.

That irony is not lost on me either. The media was generally good with Kelly simply because they respected him so much, but he had a couple of blow-ups (one with Dennis Brackin) where he went way around the bend. I think respect mixed in with a little bit of fear isn't necessarily a bad stance for a head coach/manager.

My favorite Kelly moments would come on his pre-game shows with the live questions from the fans. I remember a kid (sounded like he was a pre-teen) asked Kelly why he didn't play Denny Hocking more and Kelly just ripped him and wouldn't let it go. I imagine that kid grew up to be a Brewers' fan or something.

Top Bottom