Barnyard is back!

I feel like there is something unique about the acoustics of the barn. When a huge play is made and the crowd roars, it just seems more intense and "scary" sounding than a lot of other arenas. The closest analogy I can make is to when Tiger Woods was in his prime and you would hear "Tiger roars". They just sounded different. No doubt that the barn it can be a magical place when rocking.

That was impressive. My season tickets are in 211, and I usually sit in the student section half of the time.

Went to the pregame Loyalty dinner thing with Ben speaking at the Pav. Walked over to Barn around 7:35 to checkout the student section...and it was packed already!!

I like that they were wearing throwback jerseys that looked very cool!
We need to more of these "give-away's" for students to get them back in the building. Once they are there and have fun, they'll keep coming back. Students are easily enticed with some fun give-away's.

saw this tweet from Nadine -

The attendance on Saturday vs. Northwestern was 9,492. Surprisingly tonight, it was 8,239 against Michigan State. The crowd tonight was smaller but LOUD.

now, she did not say whether that was announced or actual attendance, but she has had the actual turnstile count for other games, so I'm going to guess that these are actual numbers.

The attendance on Saturday vs. Northwestern was 9,492. Surprisingly tonight, it was 8,239 against Michigan State. The crowd tonight was smaller but LOUD.

now, she did not say whether that was announced or actual attendance, but she has had the actual turnstile count for other games, so I'm going to guess that these are actual numbers.
Because last nights 8,239 is what's listed in the Box via Gopher Sports, I presume that total is tickets sold, not turnstile count.

Not surprised to see students show up like this for a game against MSU while sitting .500 in conference 10 games in. Drastic change from earlier games where there were less than 50 students in that section. Awesome to see on TV and definitely impacted the game down the stretch. Keep winning games and keep up this renewed atmosphere!

I went to both. Seemed like more last night, but that could be due to there being more students. The student section vs NW was really small.

Top Bottom