Banking Scholarships For Late Signing Period

akgopher

Reaction score
If Tubby doesn't get any primary targets during the initial signing period, does he settle for secondary targets, or does he bank some scholarships and find new prospects for the spring signing period? I remember the post we lost to DePaul two years ago who wound up on our radar later, but there doesn't seem to be a real track record here at the U of finding new recruits during the winter after losing battles for primary interests. We haven't heard much about any JUCO possibilities either.

Bank the scholarships for next year, not the spring. No reason to go after b list guys with the youth and talent they have now.

Barnes plus one will be a great recruiting class.

Barnes plus one will be a great recruiting class.

I agree! Even Barnes alone would be a great recruiting class.

Are the odds of landing Barnes better than 1/5 or 20% at this point?

If there is a big guy that has the capability to develop but isn't ready right now, I say take him, red shirt, and let him develop. No better time than now to take a risk.

I like the idea of taking a big guy who needs time to develop -- maybe a Jake Kreuser, Chad Calcaterra or Elliott Eliason. Redshirt him next year and then he will be a freshman when our current bigs, Ralph and Colt, are juniors and Mbakwe (hopefully?) is a senior. He wouldn't see meaningful minutes until his sophomore year, his third year in the program.

I'd rather take one of those big guys that could develop than reach on a wing or a point who will use a year of eligibility next year. I totally agree with jovs -- thoughts?

Top Bottom